NGD: Got an awesome deal on this PRS CU22

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Random Hero, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

Picked up this 2013 PRS Custom 22 in dark cherry burst last week. HFS/VB pickups, Pattern wide thin neck. Luckily, I got an amazing deal on it and absolutely love it... what a great playing guitar! I've used it on two gigs and two rehearsals so far and each time it's sounded incredible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Aslan

Aslan Supporting Member

Once you start playing a PRS you'll want other models like the DGT, Hollowbody II or 305, I love mine because the workmanship is excellent and the 57/08 pickups are my favorite humbucker. When you coil tap the pickups be sure to use a clean boost at the front of your pedals to bring the volume up to the same as the humbuckers, the single coil sounds are very nice and give you alot different tones out of one guitar.

3. rummy

rummy Member

That is a beauty. Congrats.

4. henryjurstin13

henryjurstin13 Member

SO, SO, SOOOOOO true.... as I'm shopping for my 3rd PRS now. I started with an Archtop II & then got a McCarty, leaning towards a DGT now.

5. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Member

Highly underrated guitar. TPGers tend to dis PRS in favor of hand damaged Strats and high dollar copies of the big two.

The CU22 is the most versatile guitar in my collection, also the easiest to play. It's a keeper for sure.

Enjoy it...

6. detroiter711

detroiter711 Member

Congratulations! I have four Maryland made PRS guitars. They are addictive. For me, the quality and attention to detail is what PRS head and shoulders above the other production line guitar makers. The fretwork, finish process and pride in the product really stand out. There are some, who say they are sterile or not versatile and I say hogwash. I have sold my Gibsons and my USA Fenders now spend most of the time in the closet. I love my CE-22s and my DGT!

7. woodbury

woodbury Supporting Member

OP - congratulations. CU22 is a versatile guitar.

Ditto. You will start looking at other models and then wanting them all. 😃 At one point, I had up to 12 PRS guitars. Luckily, I think my GAS is cured; I'm down to 7 now.

8. MjS88

MjS88 Member

Beautiful guitar. Congrats!

9. kbgear

kbgear Member

Great looking burst, congrats!

10. Random Hero

Random Hero Member