NGD-Great Strat content

terrapin

The local Guitar Center took this in Used 2 months ago, and I have been eyeing, playing and admiring it ever since. Finally got the Manager to a price I was willing to pay and brought it home today!

American Vintage '65 Reissue........in dead mint condition. This guitar is a dream IMO. The neck contour is so comfortable, the fretwork is excellent and it plays so nicely. Neck finish is a bit sticky, but some serious playing should work that out. Most acoustically resonant guitar I have ever owned. The Greybottom pickups are SO piano-like and can be pretty nasty for such low output pickups. First Strat middle pickup I have ever really liked. Tons of low end! I got a screaming deal on this.....say $1100.00 below street!!

snow and steel

Silver Supporting Member
sounds awesome!

If you're not worried about resale you could use a 3m pad on the back of the neck and get rid of the stickiness.

tamader74

sounds awesome!

If you're not worried about resale you could use a 3m pad on the back of the neck and get rid of the stickiness.
I use Fast Fret on the back of ALL my 'sticky' neck Fenders,...in just a short amount of playing time,...all's good. I'm a lookin' at these, I have a set of '69 CS P-UPS that Abby wound,...Just looking for the right 'Viby' Strat. to put 'em in,...Congratulations on that Beauty. Tom

Stratburst70

Great score! :bow

I hope you and your Strat have many happy years together. And don't be too quick to mod it, either. The stock pickups may grow on you.

tamader74

??? The stock pickups are great. No intentions of modding!
Good deal,...I've always have been BIG with keeping and tweaking/dialing in the p-ups that comes with the guitar,...that's why I'll have a hard time finding a '60s Strat. to put the 'Abbys' in,...I always find zero reason to swap 'em out,...I might as well think about selling them (LOL). Tom

terrapin

Good deal,...I've always have been BIG with keeping and tweaking/dialing in the p-ups that comes with the guitar,...that's why I'll have a hard time finding a '60s Strat. to put the 'Abbys' in,...I always find zero reason to swap 'em out,...I might as well think about selling them (LOL). Tom
No need to swap Anything in this one!

terrapin

I am so impressed with this guitar. I can say with much certainty that when it comes to quality of build, neck, fretwork, finish, pickups etc. these guitars are totally on the level of Custom Shop stuff I have played.

tamader74

I am so impressed with this guitar. I can say with much certainty that when it comes to quality of build, neck, fretwork, finish, pickups etc. these guitars are totally on the level of Custom Shop stuff I have played.
That's EXACTLY what I thought you would say (LOL),...I have posted my interest in one of these ever since VaughnC posted his (Damn him),...I'd been lookin' for a Strat. to 'Help me' with the regret of having to part with my '74, 'old yeller'.

I sold it for a good reason,...to help save my life, seriously...I just found a Strat. Plus at Christmas time, that has that 'thirst' covered,...NOW, I want one of these...BAD!!!. I had a chance to pickup the '69 CS 'Abbys' I typed about in a swap, thinkin' I would need them when the 'time came'.

But from what I've heard, they won't be needed as Fender has nailed these Instruments. I have MORE than enough gear that I've accumulated since I've been in remission that I'm not gonna' use, add that with some 'small' things I didn't get a chance to part with from my Collecting day's, I'm sure I have enough, I just have to get off my dead Butt, and get 'er done.

Congratulations again, they are beautiful and just bet they play and sound as good as they look. Tom

terrapin

That's EXACTLY what I thought you would say (LOL),...I have posted my interest in one of these ever since VaughnC posted his (Damn him),...I'd been lookin' for a Strat. to 'Help me' with the regret of having to part with my '74, 'old yeller'.

I sold it for a good reason,...to help save my life, seriously...I just found a Strat. Plus at Christmas time, that has that 'thirst' covered,...NOW, I want one of these...BAD!!!. I had a chance to pickup the '69 CS 'Abbys' I typed about in a swap, thinkin' I would need them when the 'time came'.

But from what I've heard, they won't be needed as Fender has nailed these Instruments. I have MORE than enough gear that I've accumulated since I've been in remission that I'm not gonna' use, add that with some 'small' things I didn't get a chance to part with from my Collecting day's, I'm sure I have enough, I just have to get off my dead Butt, and get 'er done.

Congratulations again, they are beautiful and just bet they play and sound as good as they look. Tom
I don't think you will need the Abbys.........these authentic greybottom pickups are so great.........piano clarity and chime for days!!! The "Flash Coat" finish is so perfect, and although this is essentially a new guitar I can alrady see some very "vintagey" checking beginning to happen!