• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NGD! Guild X-170 Manhattan

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
Courtesy of a fine deal hear on TGP.

I've had it only a few hours and I'm already in love. I love them Rhode Island Guilds!

GAD

steven.rogers

Happy NGD! It's beautiful, I've always liked the look of the Guild X-100s and such. Love to hear some clips if you get the chance. :AOK

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
Thanks. Problem is that it has seriously kicked up my GAS for a Starfire...

Ooh! Post # 1111.

GAD

devilrob1979

Beautiful! My buddy at work has the same guitar and loves the hell out of it. Congrats on the new addition.

Lampasas

Thanks. Problem is that it has seriously kicked up my GAS for a Starfire...

GAD
I actually just picked up a Starfire IV (natural finish, like your Manhattan, but with a mahogany neck), and it's a killer guitar. Very well put together, very resonant, bright/snappy pickups. Highly recommended.

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
GAD, do you still have this one? I'm in talks to trade for one that looks EXACTLY like this! What do you think of the axe?

bluegrif

GAD, do you still have this one? I'm in talks to trade for one that looks EXACTLY like this! What do you think of the axe?
I haven't heard if GAD still has it, but I sold it to him and I can tell you it's a terrific guitar I wish I hadn't needed to sell. It came down to keeping either the Guild or my Heritage Kenny Burrell Groove Master. One reason I sold the X170 was simply because I knew it'd be easier to replace than this particular Heritage. But in a perfect world I would have kept them both.

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
Woopsie bit of a graveyard bump but I do appreciate the insight, settled in on a gretsch tho, hehe!

jzilla

nice! don't know much about guild. what's the story with the rhode island models?

thanks
-j

smiert spionam

Silver Supporting Member
These are great guitars.

RI was the last site of the Guild factory, where they operated before Fender bought the company. Eventually, Fender consolidated production to Corona, then largely killed off the archtops.

Trending Topics