NGD/Gypsy Jazz Playalong Invitational

Duffy Pratt

I just picked up an Eastman DM1 Maccaferri Style Guitar so I had to put it through its paces on Minor Swing

Here is my take

Sounding good. I thought the backing track was just a little bit overpowering here. I had the chance to play one of these over Christmas and it was about the loudest acoustic guitar I’ve ever played. I’m still thinking about getting one. Would love to hear more, or hear your impressions of the guitar so far.

dlguitar64

Sounding good. I thought the backing track was just a little bit overpowering here. I had the chance to play one of these over Christmas and it was about the loudest acoustic guitar I’ve ever played. I’m still thinking about getting one. Would love to hear more, or hear your impressions of the guitar so far.
the chord solos and upper register stuff cut through more than the lower register
stuff so I split the difference with the balance. The action is higher than it needs
to be but still plays well with 10s(which is the standard old school guage).
It is amazingly loud and super lightweight. I have a K and K pure maccaferri pickup on the way and will get a setup when I have it installed.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Very nicely done as always mate.

Did I hear a Mr. P.C. quote in there towards the start?

dlguitar64

I backed off on the accompaniment a little. Good call.

Trending Topics