NGD Hand Built Tele

elguapo136

So my uncle builds guitars, and he made a couple acoustics for my brother and cousin a few years back. This year for Christmas I finally got mine.

It's an alder body with a koa top. The neck is just maple with rosewood board, but he did not build that. I think the neck came from B Hefner. I'm not sure what pickup's in the neck, but the brige is some stacked seymour duncan which I may swap out for something more traditionally telecasterish.

Anyways, I'm pretty estatic, and thought I would share it with fellow TGPers.

IMG_2322_zpsyicjujku.jpg
IMG_2323_zpsfne8kjmt.jpg
IMG_2321_zpsxur6b837.jpg

Darkness

Love the top on that. I don't really dig the aesthetics of tele's, but I'd make an exception for that one. Very nice!

phazersonstun

Bridge PU looks to be a Duncan Lil 59.
Good PU on its own but a bit tough for me to balance with a traditional Tele neck PU as it really likes 500k pots.

Goes great with a neck mini or full sized bucker.

I love Teles & this one looks great.
Congrats OP!

karma1

Really nice! Love the V pattern in the wood. I have a Duncan Little 59 in my Tele Thinline. You can get more Tele twang out of it by installing
coil split or series/parallel switching.

m.e.

Talking like a jerk except I am an actual jerk
Gold Supporting Member
That's a great looking guitar. I love the V pattern on the top and the binding is very classy as well. Congrats.

kccheers

Nice Tele! Your uncle can be proud. And hello to a GearPage neighbor.....I'm just north in Liberty

ggwwbb

Silver Supporting Member
Nice! The top looks awesome! And while I'm not much of a fan of gold hardware, it really fits well with the color of the Koa.....

Trending Topics

Top Bottom