• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

NGD: Heritage H-530 H530

misterg71

The premier Hack Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
Very nice H-530s’ are sweet! I’ve always wanted to snag one.

jcshirke

Silver Supporting Member
Are you still digging this guitar? I can't afford *any* guitar right now, but I was about to start a new thread asking if a Collings I-30 is $2500+ better than a Heritage 530. I can't imagine that it is. Do you have any regrets at all about your purchase? I have a H535 and H555, and both are terrific.

Heinz57

Silver Supporting Member
The heritage H-530 is pretty darn awesome. I don’t see any areas on my guitar’s fit and finish where quality or an eye for detail was lacking. When comparing them online I noticed the Collings were usually a little lighter. But mine is pretty light, At 5 pounds 14 ounces. The price difference for me was about 3k. I was able to negotiate the 530 down to 2k. The lowest I could get the I-30 down to was 5k. Who knows, maybe one day I will play a I-30 and be like, I gotta have it. But right now this guitar is very satisfying.

Last edited:

fuzz_factor

Silver Supporting Member
The heritage H-530 is pretty darn awesome. I don’t see any areas on my guitar’s fit and finish where quality or an eye for detail was lacking. When comparing them online I noticed the Collings were usually a little lighter. But mine is pretty light, At 5 pounds 14 ounces. The price difference for me was about 3k. I was able to negotiate the 530 down to 2k. The lowest I could get the I-30 down to was 5k. Who knows, maybe one day I will play a I-30 and be like, I gotta have it. But right now this guitar is very satisfying.
I can't imagine a Collings I-35 LC is $3,000 better than my Heritage H-535. That said, someday my back and shoulder might want to spend the extra $$$ on a Collings to shave off a pound or more from the Heritage (which is respectably light for a semi at around 7lbs. 14 oz, IIRC). But at that point, maybe I'll just want an H-530 instead.

My H-535 was used (2015) and needed some tweaking when I got it, but it plays like butter now and sounds great. Nary a fit & finish flaw to be found either.

At under 6 lbs. for a 330-style, you are golden! The H-530s that were on sale at CME a couple of months ago almost had me...

Papajuice

Gold Supporting Member
Jimmy Wallace guitars here in Garland has a wall of Heritages. I've played several of the 530 and love them all. The lollar P90's are stellar. The have a 535 with P90's in it and it smokes. One day when the gigolo business picks back up I'll get one.

Trending Topics