• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NGD: I really need to stay off of the webz

derekd

Gold Supporting Member
Collings makes such wonderful guitars.

This one certainly fits in that category. Congrats!

MattC

Beautiful guitar.

CME got me on a 15% off St Pat Day sale last month. Got an awesome sparkle blue CS Tele for a great price. Don't regret it for a minute.

klatuu

Beautiful guitar.

CME got me on a 15% off St Pat Day sale last month. Got an awesome sparkle blue CS Tele for a great price. Don't regret it for a minute.
Ought to be illegal tempting a man relaxing on his front porch having a cup of coffee and checking his emails. I didn't wake up this morning with any thoughts about buying a guitar, but the original price was fair, and with the 16% off I couldn't resist. I'd been eyeing a few Collings and was even putting some extra money away, but got weak and took the plunge. My credit card company pays me back 1.5% too so that's like getting 17.5% off. I'll pay it off next month so all will be ok.
See how I'm justifying it to myself?

Counseling is in order.

Luva

You can thank "big data" for all this targeted customer stuff. They are on to us and know our weaknesses. OK, enough 1984 talk. That is one beautiful guitar. Make sure she gets plenty of play time!

klatuu

It arrived today and it's everything I hoped it would be. It's a 2014 and CME said in the description it had minor dings and scratches, but they must just say that to protect themselves, because the thing is pristine. Not a scratch or even pick swirl. The plastic is still on the control cavity covers. Not the first bit of wear on the frets or tarnishing of the hardware; it must've been a case queen. Even the case is without a scratch.
It plays like you would expect a Collings to play, with fanatically good fretwork and perfectly set up. The neck shape is comfortable and smooth, and the build quality is flawless. It's under 8lbs so it feels like a featherweight.
It's my first Collings, but it probably won't be my only or last.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Those are incredible guitars....a friend has one and I always expect it to feel fragile because it's so beautiful but it's one of the most solid instruments I've ever played. Unreal....

Congratulations OP.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom