• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NGD: Ibanez AT10P through Amplifire, EL84 and 1x12"

TDL

Hey! Today I got my hands on a Premium (Indonesia) version of the Timmons signature and I'm so impressed with the tone and versatility of that axe that I thought it would be a good idea to put together a quick n' dirty video.

Since it does also show off, somehow, what the Amplifire can deliver through a JCA22H and its JCA 12S+ (with a lesser built Jay Mitchell's directivity mod mounted externally) I thought that here might also be an appropriate place for linking it.

Cheers!

P.S.: Please, excuse the mess-ups (I tried to edit the worst out :p)

RolandKorg

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds great. You may have just confirmed some decisions I've been waffling on. Planning to get a loaded pickguard with Timmons pickups for my strat, and an Amplifire..... How loud were you playing? Can you get the same quality tone at tv volumes?

Is the Amplifire running through the Fx loop? Can you get very clean sounds that way? I'm under the impression the jet city's normal cleans aren't that clean.

Phnurt

Moron
Silver Supporting Member
Quick? At 9 minutes I DON'T THINK SO! :) (Had to watch the whole thang anyway, playing was so good)
Dirty? Wonderfully so!!! Color me less than impressed by the amplifire tones though. But it may have just been the camera mic, I dunno.

As far as the new darling-six-string, wow! Nice one...

Good stuff man!:D

TDL

Sounds great. You may have just confirmed some decisions I've been waffling on. Planning to get a loaded pickguard with Timmons pickups for my strat, and an Amplifire.....
Hey! Thanks! This pickup set sounds and feels really nice, really. The cruisers sound close to single coils, but... beefier? And they are really dynamic also! Nice railed humbuckers for a strat for sure. :)

The AT-1 may be more standard, but undoubtedly pleasant. The AT10P doesn't have splitting options, so I don't know how it would perform in that regard.

How loud were you playing? Can you get the same quality tone at tv volumes?

Is the Amplifire running through the Fx loop? Can you get very clean sounds that way? I'm under the impression the jet city's normal cleans aren't that clean.
Loudness... As you can see, the accoustic sound of the strings can be clearly heard. The amplifire goes to the FX Return of the JCA and the Level knob (the external, physical knob) is set to 30. Also, my preset volumes are not set as per Jay Mitchell's instructions for maximizing volume without clipping... In the end, IMHO, it can sound really good at low levels.

In regard to the JCA "clean"... There's no clean :p It has crunch and overdrive channels, so you would need to set the crunch channel to very low gain and push the channel's master volume. There's not a lot of headroom. Really nice cheap amp, btw!

Quick? At 9 minutes I DON'T THINK SO! :)
Hahaha! Didn't mean that :D It was kind of grabbing the camera and recording a single shot of me fooling around :) Quickly done, not short :p

(Had to watch the whole thang anyway, playing was so good)
Thanks :oops: There's a long way to go, but I try to keep going... step by step. :)

Dirty? Wonderfully so!!! Color me less than impressed by the amplifire tones though. But it may have just been the camera mic, I dunno.

As far as the new darling-six-string, wow! Nice one...

Good stuff man!:D
Please, keep in mind that the 1x12" cab is directly behing me, so the X/Y mics on my Zoom Q4HD were probably catching a lot of reflections vs little direct sound. Sry, maybe I should have used other positioning.

The guitar... It's wonderful! Different bridge (still, Wilkinson anyways) and tuners, but same materials and design. Having a Japanese one, though... Must be +18, lol!

Cheers!!!

P.S.: Please, excuse my, probably not that good, english... Not my mother tongue :oops:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom