• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NGD: I'm speechless

Sean French

My B-Day was two weeks ago. My brother from another mother , we've been dear friends since high school, 32 years and counting. He now lives in California.
He told me he was sending me a pedal to try out and that I needed to be home to sign for it.
Well , today the brown truck pulled up to my house.
To my surprise and amazement it was an '01 LP Standard. This was the guitar he always boasted about being as good as his several Historics. He bought it brand new and only put on an Aluminum TP and Steel Studs on. Stock otherwise. Weighs in at 8.5 lbs. and has a medium chunky neck(.830" 1st fret/.985" 12th). Very much like my several ex R0's.
He was not kidding about this LP. It's a cannon. I was floored at how great it sounds and feels.
To say the least it's the most awesome gift I've ever received.

Sean French

^^^
Well , we've agreed that if I croak before him my daughter is to send it back.
This is one guitar I can honestly say I'll never ever sell. :cool:
I've teared up a few times so far. I'm still in shock.

bk.

Wow, happy birthday and congrats. Seems not many friendships like that exist anymore. Not in my generation anyways.

Sean French

Wow, very generous.
What is he getting in return? :)
He has received all my LP/guitar knowledge over the years. Pickups , wiring , parts , what to look and listen for etc. Same for amps.
He got his first guitar as a teen from me. He still has it.
Plus , he has my old Germino LV55 , Two-Rock Emmy Pro and Two-Rock Ruby.
He did buy the amps but , got bro deals. :D
I didn't make a penny.
His B-Day was in April and I sent him Blackburn Mullard ECC83 tubes to put in his 2204.

Last edited:

mrluv2

Silver Supporting Member
You are very welcome my brother! We have been friends a very long time and I know you have been trying to find another paulie. Figuring out one scenario after another to try and get one for awhile. She was my first paulie, a fantastic guitar but....my brother was in desperate need so.....it was his birthday.......and well..........SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy her, I know I did.................

Sean French

You are very welcome my brother! We have been friends a very long time and I know you have been trying to find another paulie. Figuring out one scenario after another to try and get one for awhile. She was my first paulie, a fantastic guitar but....my brother was in desperate need so.....it was his birthday.......and well..........SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy her, I know I did.................
Wow. You're back on TGP. :banana
Bro , I'm forever grateful. You just don't know what your generosity means to me.
Thank you. :beer

BTW , I just got off the phone with our bro Mike.

mrluv2

Silver Supporting Member
Wow. You're back on TGP. :banana
Bro , I'm forever grateful. You just don't know what your generosity means to me.
Thank you. :beer

BTW , I just got off the phone with our bro Mike.
hahaha yea he was asking how you were dealin with it. I actually got back on because you said you were posting pics, which I unfortunately cant find at the moment....so I want to grab a couple just in case........no worries brother, enjoy her. She had been neglected for a bit and guitars are made to be played......(thats all of them! even the really expensive one...)

mrluv2

Silver Supporting Member
He has received all my LP/guitar knowledge over the years. Pickups , wiring , parts , what to look and listen for etc. Same for amps.
He got his first guitar as a teen from me. He still has it.
Plus , he has my old Germino LV55 , Two-Rock Emmy Pro and Two-Rock Ruby.
He did buy the amps but , got bro deals. :D
I didn't make a penny.
His B-Day was in April and I sent him Blackburn Mullard ECC83 tubes to put in his 2204.
fantastic amps! and the Emmy pro is Tag's old amp he raged about

Sean French

hahaha yea he was asking how you were dealin with it. I actually got back on because you said you were posting pics, which I unfortunately cant find at the moment....so I want to grab a couple just in case........no worries brother, enjoy her. She had been neglected for a bit and guitars are made to be played......(thats all of them! even the really expensive one...)

This bad mo fo won't be neglected here. I guarantee it. :dude

mrluv2

Silver Supporting Member
You can't see the pics I posted here?
This bad mo fo won't be neglected here. I guarantee it. :dude
yes I can see them, thats why I jumped on to grab the pics, damn it, now I am look at crap for sale, I need to get off this forum before i open my wallet again..................

Sean French

yes I can see them, thats why I jumped on to grab the pics, damn it, now I am look at crap for sale, I need to get off this forum before i open my wallet again..................

:rotflmao
Resist , resist......

My reading comprehension is askew right now. I then re read and got that Mike wanted pics.
Thus my edit.
I'm still in shock bro.

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
great guitar, great friendship - treasure them both. we should all be so lucky.

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
You've got one great buddy there ... and now, a really fine looking guitar too. Happy birthday!
MD

Sean French

So he stiffed you on the pedal????

:p

Congratulations on having a great friend, which is even better than the great guitar.
Yes , he did.
:rotflmao
I missed your post earlier. Sorry.
Yes , his broship is more important to me than the great guitar he gave me.
I'm 49 and only have two broships. The few others are friends.
I'm extremely fortunate to have my bros.
Ah ****. I'm tearing up again.....

Trending Topics