• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NGD! It goes twaaang

LJD

Fender American Professional Telecaster. Sonic Grey. My first tele. Very nice fit and finish, plays great. Excellent sustain and ring, nice comfortable weight. These latest versions are winners. Love the brass compensated bridge/saddles, well machined. It includes a cool new shortened ash tray cover that extends to just short of the saddles, barely an inch wide. Neck is pretty glassy, smooth. Mine has a little bit of flame in the shoulders. Went into GC to exchange a guitar stand, walked out with this. Stupid Memorial Day Sale. Also was mistakenly priced for a maple fretboard so saved an extra $50 on top of 15% off coupon. Took it home, slapped some 10s on it, truss tweak, ready to rock-a-billy.

Rayzaa

I love the sounds of a Telecaster. I just dont like the non contour body and when im playing one it dont seem to sound as good til a hear someone else play one. Some sort of phobia of mine. Great looking guitar though. Enjoy.

Cal Webway

Cool, congrats!

If you KNOW from the get-go it's a winner, the slow process of trial and error tweaks, remedies and new pups etc. are strongly delayed or eliminated... Oh yea!!

Reactions: LJD

LJD

Cool, congrats!

If you KNOW from the get-go it's a winner, the slow process of trial and error tweaks, remedies and new pups etc. are strongly delayed or eliminated... Oh yea!!

I'd say eliminated. Sounds exactly how it's supposed to, very nice pickups. Spent a little time this morning dialing in the intonation, relief, and action for the change to 10 gauge strings. Even the volume and tone knobs have perfect action/resistance. Really pleased with the guitar. Played 3 other teles including a used CS and this one just had "it".

Trending Topics

Top Bottom