NGD :: Jackson Dinky DK2QM

deathrider817

I got a mint Jackson Dinky DK2QM on Friday,I did some trading with a friend and its in the Chlorine Burst finish as in my avatar picture..anybody else have one of these in any of the colors/finishes ? This one is set up perfectly and just sounds kickass through the 5150-3 50 watt head..

jds22

Silver Supporting Member
Love that color.

I have the satin black model and really like it.
I removed the JB and installed a 59 so now I have 59s in both positions.

At the moment I'm thinking about selling it to help fund a Wolfgang.

deathrider817

I got mine recently. It's a really great guitar - versatile as well as shreddy. Does yours have the Duncan JB and '59 pickups?
View media item 47290View media item 47289
Yes it has the same S Duncans in it..I have a 2005-2007 American neck thru Soloist Hss and its a great guitar,but this one is so nice and its nice to have another quality axe to add to the collection,bad thing is I was originally a "Only Jacksons" kinda guy until about 2011 and started using different companies which is ok but I believe I will have Jackson GAS really bad!! I know when hooked up to my 5150-3 50 watt head this guitar sounds amazing! Lotsa chunk and grind,but on the position 4 on the 5 way switch on the green clean channel with gain at 3-4 o'clock it gets a beautiful clean Stratty sound and bump the gain up the Blues are calling! Versatile guitar,Hell Yeah!!

deathrider817

Love that color.

I have the satin black model and really like it.
I removed the JB and installed a 59 so now I have 59s in both positions.

At the moment I'm thinking about selling it to help fund a Wolfgang.
Its sad that we all go thru the GAS as musicians and swap out gear for other gear flipping guitars,amps etc..you will regret selling,trading it off but the cycle continues! For me flipping gear enables me to try lots of different gear out usually with minimal investments after the initial purchases of said gear,and then weed em' out and keep on rolling! Love it!

jds22

Silver Supporting Member
Its sad that we all go thru the GAS as musicians and swap out gear for other gear flipping guitars,amps etc..you will regret selling,trading it off but the cycle continues! For me flipping gear enables me to try lots of different gear out usually with minimal investments after the initial purchases of said gear,and then weed em' out and keep on rolling! Love it!

I can't help myself. No need to fight it. :D

CubanB

I love the blue but I want rosewood fingerboard (personal preference). I have the red one, with a pair of Suhr Aldrich's in it. It's a great feeling guitar, very well made. I'd love to take the rosewood neck and combine it with the blue body, but it has a red headstock so it wouldn't match. The blue finish is pretty much my favourite colour/finish for a superstrat, it's just that maple fretboards get dirty and I prefer rosewood. I usually don't like binding either but the binding on these isn't too bad.

It's a very nice guitar.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom