NGD: K-Line Springfield

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Did your Truxton have a maple fretboard?
If so, did it have the French oil treatment on the fretboard itself?

Cheers,

Mats N
I honestly don't recall if it had treatment on the board itself? I just remember the back of the neck was super, super smooth and it was very playable.

Nonvintage

Congrats on the beautiful guitar. I'm in line for my first K-Line Springfield. It's going to be a long wait. But I am amped up. Chris has been great to talk to.

Last edited:

rawkguitarist

5 to 6 months.
Hold my beer man... 4.5 years for my last one. No not a K-Line. I know its not encouragement, because waiting several months is still rough. BUT - you'll get a killer guitar so it'll be well worth the wait. (that 4.5 yrs was even well worth the wait).

Mr Fingers

French oil treatment
Not this. French polish is shellac, with a few drops of oil used to lubricate the applications cloth. It is in no way the same as the oil-wax (EB/Music Man type) finishes also popular now.
I've never played a K-Line but two qualities I like very much in addition to however the guitars may sound would be the nature of the maker -- excellent in interviews and reviews -- and the non-copy headstock that is actually its own great shape (much better than most others).
For all who feel compelled to find a Tele they like, my advice is not to bother. I've had plenty of both, and for me -- for me -- Strats are better. I think they sound better, play better, feel better, and look better. I leave the Teles to others. I have no wish to return to that body shape or twang-tendency configuration (though you can make most any guitar sound like you want). It's just not a necessary thing. The stuff about it being some kind of ultimate player's guitar, or unforgiving, etc. is just BS propogated by Tele players. Jeff Beck plays a Strat.

duaneallen

Silver Supporting Member
This Springfield looks just like my most recent one. Mine has the closet classic finish, which has no dings or scratches, but more of a faded finish and hardware. One of the best Strats I've ever played.

Nonvintage

This Springfield looks just like my most recent one. Mine has the closet classic finish, which has no dings or scratches, but more of a faded finish and hardware. One of the best Strats I've ever played.
Hey duaneallen, nice review.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom