NGD: Kiesel Vader V6X - Worth every cent

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Jabby92, Jun 8, 2019.

1. guitrr

guitrr Reverb Junkie Silver Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Vader: Chambered Black Limba body, Maple neck with Black Limba stripes; Lithium pickups. I specified the strap button behind the upper horn. Fit and finish are outstanding.

I need to take more pictures of them, but I just bought my fourth Strandberg.
    The white one in these photos is their Metal model, with the Fishman Fluence Modern pickups. I’m not a metal player at all, so I when I purchased the guitar I thought I’d be changing the pickups to Fishman Classics, but those Moderns work just fine for me, playing Blues and Rock.

I like both my Strandbergs and the Kiesel, but it should be obvious which I prefer. I find the ergonomics of the Strandberg more to my liking, specifically the body shape and the fact that there is a knob at the end of the neck to prevent my hand from sliding off. Not dissimilar to another favorite appendage. :D

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    CJReaper and Jabby92 like this.
  2. Gclef

Gclef Member

I am soooooo intrigued by all the headless kiesels. Especially the Vader and the hh2. I think I need one.

I have an '02 holdsworth h2. The only options were quilt top and tobacco burst finish.

I swapped the volume pot and switch (as was the norm for guitars of that vintage) as well as the pickups a few times. The h22s are back in it and will stay permanently.

I measured the neck at 22mm 1st fret, 25mm 12th. That was from the center of the fretboard to the thickest point of the back with a caliper

The semihollow body does something, so does the alder neck. Together, they create a very articulate sound with great note separation. If I had a 3 single coil version I would be ecstatic.

Cost me 900 bucks new

John_M likes this.
  3. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

I want a headless shredder for when I need a shredder and a whammy.. which is once in a blue moon.. I dig this.. just too pricey for me for the amount Id use it

4. Jabby92

Jabby92 Member

For what I got, I'm pretty happy with it for the money. Its definitely a step up from anything else I've owned at this price. I still wouldn't consider it as fancy as my Gibson, but its still a great playing/sounding guitar. If you keep the build simple enough you can get one sub $1500, which for a custom shop build I think is really fair compared to a lot of other brands out there at least.

5. guitrr

guitrr Reverb Junkie Silver Supporting Member

I play headless guitars for a couple of reasons:
    1. I have a bad back, and a headless guitar weighs anywhere between 3.5-4.5 lbs. This is the reason I initially bought a headless.
    2. The ergonomics just make sense
    3. Ease of moving them around, especially on an airplane
    4. Around here (central east coast of Florida) many of the places I gig have very small stages, so a headless doesn’t occupy as much space

chrisjw5 likes this.
  6. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

Its cool.. I'll have to play with the numbers :)