NGD Kramer Baretta Vintage

Yeah

I got this in yesterday. It’s really cool, very comfy to play , neck feels great, stays in tune very well. Like other reviewers have said the color looks very pink at times. I’m able to compare it to my old original Kramer’s and The only thing I don’t understand and care for is how the neck sits higher and is slightly tilted backwards in the neck pocket. This makes the Floyd sit way higher and not against the body so it floats. If I screw down the trem posts so the Floyd’s against the body like my old Kramer’s then it’s not playable. The strings are sitting tight against the fretboard. I don’t understand why they’re building these new Kramer’s like this ? I was thinking of putting a shim on the top of the neck pocket so it’s not going at that backward angle but I don’t think that’ll help. I think the neck will just still be too high so I’m probably going to put in a trem stopper so the Floyd dive bombs only. But yeah sitting the Floyd flush against the body doesn’t seem possible because of how high the neck sits in the pocket. My old Kramer’s are nothing like that.

Here’s a pic. Looks like a nice bright red in this pic.

Strummerfan

Love red guitars. They could have made the electronics a little simpler, how are you supposed to navigate all those controls on stage? ;)

Cool guitar, have fun with it!

Yeah

Lol thanks! Yeah those controls are difficult for sure!
I almost forgot…. The other thing that’s really driving me crazy is the fact that in order to remove the trust rod plate cover you have to remove the string tree as well. The cover is too large to sneak underneath the string tree!!!

tooter007

Aahh the Kramer Baretta....had one back in the 80's. I "bypassed" the whole locking nut and string retainer/tree by putting the ball end of strings in the tuners, and cutting string at the bridge. Great memories, my first real quality guitar.

Short Tooth

We had a little purchasing party with the cheaper traditional trem styles for $189 when they came out. Forwarded a buddy the pink one used on reverb. Then regretted no having one too. Then saw they still had some purple ones on Gibson/Kramer's website. It showed up the day after Eddie past. I got a light one and love it! My buddies was much heavier. Curious to see if we were victims of the Lockdown supply chain foolery. It has already come out that companies have and were subbing out parts and still labeling it the same. My body wood may be different. These already have some fun stories attached as far as differences depending on when you got yours. Regardless, the Kramer neck shape on this thing is probably the fastest most comfortable neck I have - does currently have some sprout to address. Nice flat tapered C shape. juuuust a slightly narrower nut that what I'm used to. Thanks for the feedback on the Floyd - maybe i won't...

T Dizz

We had a little purchasing party with the cheaper traditional trem styles for $189 when they came out. Forwarded a buddy the pink one used on reverb. Then regretted no having one too. Then saw they still had some purple ones on Gibson/Kramer's website. It showed up the day after Eddie past. I got a light one and love it! My buddies was much heavier. Curious to see if we were victims of the Lockdown supply chain foolery. It has already come out that companies have and were subbing out parts and still labeling it the same. My body wood may be different. These already have some fun stories attached as far as differences depending on when you got yours. Regardless, the Kramer neck shape on this thing is probably the fastest most comfortable neck I have - does currently have some sprout to address. Nice flat tapered C shape. juuuust a slightly narrower nut that what I'm used to. Thanks for the feedback on the Floyd - maybe i won't...
I was so close to getting the purple one when these came out

Short Tooth

I was so close to getting the purple one when these came out

The best Grimace/Batman Purple der eva was... The purple definitely photographs better than the Pink. But I will say the Pink/Salmon is way better in person. Sorry what are they calling the pink again - that's right Ruby Red.

Phila67

But did the original Baretta'a have a flush floyd though? I recall the earlier 80s Kramers having top mounted floyds like these. You could either float, or the rear would rest on the body -- they were not flat on the body like EVH's 5150. The later 80s I think they moved to recessed cavities like Jackson/Ibanez guitars.

Yeah

But did the original Baretta'a have a flush floyd though? I recall the earlier 80s Kramers having top mounted floyds like these. You could either float, or the rear would rest on the body -- they were not flat on the body like EVH's 5150. The later 80s I think they moved to recessed cavities like Jackson/Ibanez guitars.
Thanks fellas! I have a lot of guitars and I’m really loving this one!
Oh that’s interesting Phila67. I was always thinking the original 80’s Baretta Floyd sat flush on the body. I still have my first guitar which is a Kramer focus 1000 and that sits on the body.
It’s all good now though…. I let the Floyd sit raised up and I installed a trem block today. The only other thing I’ll probably change are the noisy trem springs and possibly the tiny trem block.

Yeah

I also gotta say the necks are really nice on these. There’s some kinda lacquer but it’s not bad at all. The fret ends are also very nice and smooth. No sharp ends at all

I got this in yesterday. It’s really cool, very comfy to play , neck feels great, stays in tune very well. Like other reviewers have said the color looks very pink at times. I’m able to compare it to my old original Kramer’s and The only thing I don’t understand and care for is how the neck sits higher and is slightly tilted backwards in the neck pocket. This makes the Floyd sit way higher and not against the body so it floats. If I screw down the trem posts so the Floyd’s against the body like my old Kramer’s then it’s not playable. The strings are sitting tight against the fretboard. I don’t understand why they’re building these new Kramer’s like this ? I was thinking of putting a shim on the top of the neck pocket so it’s not going at that backward angle but I don’t think that’ll help. I think the neck will just still be too high so I’m probably going to put in a trem stopper so the Floyd dive bombs only. But yeah sitting the Floyd flush against the body doesn’t seem possible because of how high the neck sits in the pocket. My old Kramer’s are nothing like that.

Here’s a pic. Looks like a nice bright red in this pic.

I bet you if you shimmed the neck you'd be able to deck the Floyd. That'd be really disappointing if you couldn't. I've been thinking of getting a Nightswan but I won't if I cant' deck the Floyd.

Yeah

I bet you if you shimmed the neck you'd be able to deck the Floyd. That'd be really disappointing if you couldn't. I've been thinking of getting a Nightswan but I won't if I cant' deck the Floyd.
Yeah it looks like the neck kind of tilts backward. I was thinking of shimming it to try and get rid of that tilt but I ended up going with keeping the Floyd sitting high and using a trem block instead. I always wanted a night swan years ago. I’m still thinking about possibly getting one of those but that middle humbucker is just so weird to me.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom