• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NGD: lefty Gibson Explorer...wow!

daveS

lefty dude on hiatus
Platinum Supporting Member
I was recently offered a killer deal on this brand new (Nov 2021 build) left handed Gibson Explorer. What a killer playing and sounding guitar....I never knew! First impression is that this model kind of blows away the other Gibson's I've had (or still have). Lightweight, resonant, simple controls, super low/fast action, stays in tune and no BS features. I see now why you would get one of these if you want to rock. Excellent build quality too and smells like it just left the paint booth :cool: ...and there's something about Korina...

Post yer Gibson Explorer comments/photos!

IMG_7354 (1).JPG

gibson-gibson-explorer-left-handed-antique-natural (2).jpg

gibson-gibson-explorer-left-handed-antique-natural (1).jpg

gibson-gibson-explorer-left-handed-antique-natural (3).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7354.JPG
    IMG_7354.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

modavis99

Silver Supporting Member
Totally agree with everything. This is the new golden age of Gibson. Happy NGD.

C-4

What a beauty your Explorer is! congratulations.
I hope you really enjoy it.
This should be a lesson to those who state that Gibsons don't stay in tune, or have a bad G string, whatever it is.

Those things can happen to any guitar and are easily rectified, but!, it's even better when you don't have that niggle from the get-go to worry about. :)

Strummerfan

Really cool guitar. I've never owned one but I've always thought they were a great design. Enjoy it!

RRfireblade

Wow lefty! Very cool.

It doesn't look like Korina, I'd say that's mahogany as well. Curious now, because there's usually a huge price difference between mahogany and Korina.

Cornholio

I picked up an explorer last year after selling my Firebird that I could not bond with. I agree, they really are great. Total rock machines.

Migmakesmusic

I love Explorers so much I recently got two! I'll get around to posting a NGD sometime but have been too busy playing them lol.

Reactions: kev

ArtDecade

I picked up an explorer last year after selling my Firebird that I could not bond with. I agree, they really are great. Total rock machines.

I'm in the opposite camp. I much prefer the Firebird over the Explorer - both in tone and ergonomics.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom