• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NGD Les Paul Junior

crashbelt

20200910_173042.jpg
I just love 50s LPJs. I just got this late 55 in great condition, no leaning bridge posts, beautiful sunburst finish, and all original. I'm a sucker for the barrel knobs on the 54/55s.

It has that musically muscular tone through a just clipping 50s tweed amp, with a range of tones possible by backing off the controls.

I already had the 56 Gibson GA5 Les Paul Junior amp to go with it. I'm not driving it hard with this guitar as the original 5" x 3" oval Jensen would blow up!

We've had a few threads about 50s Juniors and Specials. They're some of the greatest vintage guitars out there :).

VintagePlayerStrat

Silver Supporting Member
View attachment 274514
I just love 50s LPJs. I just got this late 55 in great condition, no leaning bridge posts, beautiful sunburst finish, and all original. I'm a sucker for the barrel knobs on the 54/55s.

It has that musically muscular tone through a just clipping 50s tweed amp, with a range of tones possible by backing off the controls.

I already had the 56 Gibson GA5 Les Paul Junior amp to go with it. I'm not driving it hard with this guitar as the original 5" x 3" oval Jensen would blow up!

We've had a few threads about 50s Juniors and Specials. They're some of the greatest vintage guitars out there :).
That purdy.

King Loudness

Congratulations! I think a single cut '50s Jnr is next on my list. I just bought a '59 recently and it's very quickly becoming my favourite guitar. Enjoy that beauty in good health and even better tone.

W.

Yamaha 1421

WOW! Those are such a great guitar and so very versatile. Lucky guy CONGRATS! If you can't afford a "BURST" [And few can] that IS the guitar you want to own.

martyncrew

Platinum Supporting Member
Beautiful! Pretty much the only guitar I miss is my '56 Junior. Hold onto it, don't make the mistake I made.

Timmo

Silver Supporting Member
I still own three Jrs. ('57,'58 & '64 ) but at one time had eight of them.
All sounded different but all were awesome!
I miss every one of them!
Beautiful example man and enjoy!

Trending Topics