• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NGD: Les Paul Premium Flame. (Added Pics)

RRfireblade

*Edit: Added decent pics:

First Gibson I've bought in a while, first NGD in awhile really.

But sometimes a guitar just melts in your hands and it picks you. This was one of those...

2013 Gibson Les Paul Standard w/ Premium Flame in Desert Burst.

Case Pics...

Freeballin'...

Last edited:

snow and steel

Silver Supporting Member
good looking piece.

Can we get a little more here? where did you find it? How did you end up picking it up and why did it call to you? more pics?

RRfireblade

Sorry, I'm new to this. ;)

GC, last day of whatever sale it was, something like 30-40% off (?) Came to like $500 less than I recal seeing MF had them for.
2013 model, LP Standard w/ Premium top.
Assym neck carve (Which I had no idea I would like sooo much)
Compound Radius, exceptional piece of rosewood, board.
Super tight inlays, Flawless finish.
Burstbucker Pros.
All I can think of off the top of my head.

Picked it up because I thought is was really pretty, loved the color and the burst. Kinda been cruising for an LP for a couple years, never found one I liked enough to pull the trigger on.
Instantly felt like something I've owned my whole life, Considering I play almost exclusively flat wide necks, 25+ scale 24 fret guitars, was a shocking surprise. I can't recal the last time picked up a guitar and it fit like this, like an old glove. Strange. Setup was typical GC and it still played super smooth and compliant but with just the right amount of snap and effortless. (If that makes sense) I can't imagine how good it might get with 'my' set up on it.

I think that's it. :) Thanks.

RRfireblade

Thanks !

Very, very nice! Sometimes change can be really good.
Funny how it went, let's see. My first LP was a "Hondo" when I was a teen or maybe even preteen. Saved forever and after getting a real "Strat" (Sacrilege) I manage to get an LP Studio. The red cherry one that they have been making for half a century (it seems). A few standards later, then moved up into a LPCs, (1st was a Pearl white LPC w/ Gold yadda yadda. Prettiest wall hanger ever) That's when I figured out ergonomics matter ;) and went right back into S types. Then PRS, nice compromise, as my main guitars since the late 80's or so. Mix in all the possible super S variations, MMs and JPs and I haven't considered playing anything like this in 20 to 30 years?

This standard, at just a hair over 8lbs, not playing guitar up around my throat like in the old jazz fusion days ;) (comfort improvement over past memories), a more modern spin on a Gibby neck carve, and maybe I'm coming back full circle. Who knows ?

Time well tell....again.

neoprimitive

Beautiful guitar.. NGD is always a good day, especially when it's a LP.. :)
I'm sure you will enjoy that beast!

ixnay

Sorry, I'm new to this. ;)

GC, last day of whatever sale it was, something like 30-40% off (?) Came to like $500 less than I recal seeing MF had them for.
2013 model, LP Standard w/ Premium top.
$500 less than the regular $3399 or $500 less than the $2719 they're selling for now?

Just curious because I've been thinking about getting one, and if I can get one for less than MF's current price, that might make the decision easier...

RRfireblade

Came to around $2200-2250. (Before tax, don't have the paperwork handy. Might have been 49,79?)

According to the tag ended 1/31 though.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom