• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NGD: Les Paul Special DC Figured Top

Surgeon

It's beautiful. The pickguard's the only thing I'm kinda 50/50 with me but it's slowly growing on me.
I'm a big fan of the double-cuts, congrats!

Strat87

No experience with one but I’ve been admiring them online for awhile, I look forward to your NGD!

dazco

Those are awesome. I had a P90 special without the maple and i always thought a maple to would have made it sound perfect. It was pretty sweet as it was but i felt that little extra clarity woulda made it perfect. Thats a beauty. I'd take that all day long over a LP standard or such.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Curious about that neck pickup a little further back.
It gives the neck joint extra strength. Some of the late 50’s double cut LP specials had neck joint issues cause the neck pickup routing carved out most of the neck tenon joint

Last edited:

jruano

It gives the neck joint extra strength. Some of the late 50’s double cut LP specials had neck joint issues cause the neck pickup routing carved out most of the neck tenon joint ... Billy Squire tried to sell me one of his red ones that had these issues 50 years ago...
Yep, I wonder how it translates to the sound with the neck pickup pushed towards the bridge like that. Less bass?

jruano

I hear you. I'd also like it better as a wrap. I'll be top-wrapping though, so there's that ;-)

Telechamp

I love everything about it except that pickguard... It just looks "off" in some way.. :dunno

Last edited:

Trending Topics