• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NGD! LP Content!

GibbyFan

Ok, so it's not a Gibson. I'm working on that too. This is an Edwards (ESP Japan) Jimmy Page factory relic. It has the SD JB/59 combo, Gotoh tuners, Tone Pros stopbar and upgraded electronics. This guitar is a tone monster! I wasn't sure what to expect with an Edwards, but I'm telling you it's got a full-on LP vibe. It has the 50's neck and the finish work on the frets is spot on. I'm very impressed and will look at Edwards again in the future. Here are some pics.

Last edited:

rycher

That's a beaut! I had and Edwards awhile back and sold it. Missed having an LP style guitar so I bought an Epiphone and upgraded the electronics and pickups but still wasn't satisfied, so I sold it and bought a Gibson LP Traditional. I love my Gibby and I always wanted one and I got a good one so it's a keeper. Having said that, if I were to wake up and find the Gibson swapped for my old Edwards, I wouldn't be very dissappointed. The playability, craftsmanship, and quality of the Edward's was easily on par with my Gibson, tone wise very close as well though the 57's versus the SD's would make a difference. Unplugged, they both had very good acoustical qualities. Anyway, NICE SCORE!!

GibbyFan

That's a beaut! I had and Edwards awhile back and sold it. Missed having an LP style guitar so I bought an Epiphone and upgraded the electronics and pickups but still wasn't satisfied, so I sold it and bought a Gibson LP Traditional. I love my Gibby and I always wanted one and I got a good one so it's a keeper. Having said that, if I were to wake up and find the Gibson swapped for my old Edwards, I wouldn't be very dissappointed. The playability, craftsmanship, and quality of the Edward's was easily on par with my Gibson, tone wise very close as well though the 57's versus the SD's would make a difference. Unplugged, they both had very good acoustical qualities. Anyway, NICE SCORE!!
Thanks! I have had several Gibson LP's through the years. I must say I'm very impressed with the Edwards. I have been reading about them for some time and wanted to give it a try. I'm glad I did. I will, like you, pick up another Gibby, but I'm not missing out at this point. Thanks again!

GibbyFan

Yikes! Not looking to start anything, just excited about a new acquisition.

I purchased it used through a member of the HCF. Not passing it off as a Gibby. Remember, I'm a GibbyFan.

At the end of the day it's a great example of Japanese guitar building, copy or not. It's a joy to play.

Thanks for the kudos... Jim

The Whale

Silver Supporting Member
how do you like the pickups? I'm pondering throwing that combo into my 04 Standard, as the BB-pros feel a little spikey and muddy.

GibbyFan

how do you like the pickups? I'm pondering throwing that combo into my 04 Standard, as the BB-pros feel a little spikey and muddy.
I had the SD JB/59 combo in my Gibby VM LP and I loved the way it brightened up the mahogany. Same in this case. The previous owner installed the JB in the bridge. I'm not sure what it comes with from the factory. I also had the same combo in an LTD EC400AT. Loved it in that as well. As you know, pups are such a preference thing. I'm sure there will someone here who thinks they suck, but they work for me in cutting through the mix at stage volume levels.

Trending Topics