NGD - LPR8

newb3fan

I've had my 2013 historic lemon burst R8 now for about a day. Wow what a guitar. I've played a standard for several years and this is my first re-issue. It's an outstanding guitar I cannot get over it. It plays so smoothly and fast all up and down the neck. And the tone of the custom buckers is everything I'd hoped it would be.

Last edited:

guitarded_1

Silver Supporting Member
Nice! That's exactly what I want - Lemonburst with no pick guard. Where did you find that one?

newb3fan

Reverb.com - bought it from a guy in Baltimore. It took me about 3-4 weeks to find the one I wanted with some nice figuring on the maple and either faded cherry or lemon burst. I'm really thrilled with it.

BarkingTree

Great man...I love those Lemons...will add one someday.
The A3s are different and special I have yet to try them...

megaboogie

Silver Supporting Member
Dang that's hot! I love the lemon burst, and you got yourself a real nice top as well, congrats!
I still have my Gibson USA LP and it rocks like no others, but my R8 just plays so smooth and sounds amazing with killer sustain.

newb3fan

^ Totally agree. My USA standard rocks as well. But it is no comparison to the tones and the feel of this re-issue. Really big difference to me.

Luva

Great score! Lemon burst with some figuring has to be one of my favorite LP tops.

Jven

Silver Supporting Member
Not helping my R8 gas man... That's a beauty.. Congrats

Trending Topics

Top Bottom