NGD: Mark Campellone Standard 17 Archtop Guitar

Pascal

What wonderful tones! All of them!… and great playing too :bow
May I ask what amp you’re playing it through?

Congratulations, and enjoy it!

bluejaybill

Silver Supporting Member
Congratulations and the guitar looks and sounds wonderful, as does your playing (Dolphin Dance is not for the faint of heart!).

Was just wondering if you went with the normal 1 11/16" nut and 25.5" scale length?

On mine I opted for a 25" scale and 1 3/4" nut, a little more room for those chords, and a bit shorter on the length, Johnnie Smith specifications.

And I do have a floater on mine, a Lollar Johnnie Smith, also sounds fantastic, a bit more air to the sound but otherwise very similar.

Enjoy! Mark is great to work with.

derekd

Gold Supporting Member
Mark does make excellent guitars. I've gotten to play a couple over the years.

Yours sounds and looks wonderful. Congrats! I really enjoyed your playing.

Another builder who does a good job with the L5 template is Jim Triggs, who used to run Gibson's Custom Shop in the 90s.

Last edited:

duaneallen

Silver Supporting Member
Congratulations and the guitar looks and sounds wonderful, as does your playing (Dolphin Dance is not for the faint of heart!).

Was just wondering if you went with the normal 1 11/16" nut and 25.5" scale length?

On mine I opted for a 25" scale and 1 3/4" nut, a little more room for those chords, and a bit shorter on the length, Johnnie Smith specifications.

And I do have a floater on mine, a Lollar Johnnie Smith, also sounds fantastic, a bit more air to the sound but otherwise very similar.

Enjoy! Mark is great to work with.
Thanks! I went with the standard L5 specs of 25.5 and 1 11/16 width.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom