NGD: Martin 000-15m burst

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by Chadley, Apr 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Chadley

Chadley Member

After over two weeks being hung up in customs between Canada and NY, my new Martin 000-15m burst is arriving today. I have been without an acoustic for a few years. This will also be my first Martin. Can’t wait to see it and give a report...here’s hoping nothing was damaged during its long journey.

2. Steadfastly

Steadfastly Member

You bought it in Canada?

3. Chadley

Chadley Member

Yes...via reverb.com.

4. surfnguitars

surfnguitars Supporting Member

Good luck on the arrival. Will look forward to hearing how you like it.

5. evening_crow

evening_crow Member

Congrats!

I've got an OM-15 and the all mahogany Martin sound is to die for.

alexanderplatz and Route67 like this.
  6. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Supporting Member

I have a 000C 16.. I love Martins..amazing guitars...enjoy

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  7. pedalcr8z

pedalcr8z Member

Good luck Chadley, you'll love how responsive a OOO is for fingerstyle. Very attractive.

8. bamalam

bamalam Member

Congrats man, please put up some pics when it's unboxed! Disinfect the cardboard guitar box with spray and leave for an hour before opening (coronavirus measures)!

9. Irving Pye

Irving Pye Member

You chose one of my favorite Martins...angelic sustain and tone only a Martin hog can create. Hope you use it for recording...superb! ;)

Route67 likes this.
  10. Chadley

Chadley Member

Wow! This guitar is really blowing my mind. Never had an all mahogany guitar before, and am just beginning to explore the nature of it and how it is a different/unique instrument from a spruce/cedar top.

I just finished recording a song with a few vocalists at my church and will upload the video of that later today. Should be a pretty good recording and will show the characteristics of the guitar well.

Route67 likes this.
  11. feet

feet Supporting Member

That is a damn handsome guitar. I got my Guild m20 a few years back and that was my first all hog and first baby guitar. It's sounding better than ever a few years later. Didn't take that long to start opening up but it continues to evolve. You're in for a lovely journey.

I recently found that I could use anything to jam with, it really locks specific picks when recording. So my new thing is nylon picks to strum, and a 207 for single note stuff. Anything else I've tried is just too bright and clicky in front of a mic.

Also, I had been looking at some guitars in Canada on reverb and now... maybe not.

12. radicool

radicool Member

Nice! I've had an OOO-15M for a few years, and it's a great little guitar. I have two "better" Martins, but I play the 15 as much as either of them. And when I have visitors, that's the one one they tend to pick up - they all want to give it a try.

Route67 and GGinMP like this.
  13. Don A

Don A Silver Supporting Member

I love my 000-15M! It has a pure, focused, yet rich tone. I don't hear metal guitar strings, just wood. The only issue is that mine isn't very loud and can get lost in an un-amplified group setting.

Route67 likes this.
  14. Route67

Route67 Member

Good choice - mine’s out on the stand soaking up some humidity due to a front of cloud and rain moving in on the coast, otherwise if it becomes too dry indoors it can begin to sound shrill. My tech seems to always have one on the bench for fret dress, or re-fret - well worn, well loved Martin model. Dark chocolate velvet tone, half the price of a standard and MIA to boot.

15. Chadley

Chadley Member

Going to be a bit vulnerable here and post a link to the guitar in action....I know Christian church music might not be for everyone. Also, seeing myself on camera helps me to realize the the COVID-19lbs is a real thing! Haha! Anyway, let me know what you guys think, I am digging the guitar big time!

InkStained, AllanAnd and Route67 like this.
  16. surfnguitars

surfnguitars Supporting Member

You made a great choice with that guitar and Martin's consistent delivery of top notch acoustics.
    Nice playing, enjoy in good health!

Route67 likes this.
  17. beatcomber

beatcomber Member

Lovely guitar. I have the 000-15SM, which sounds very similar.

Route67 likes this.
  18. Julio Iguana

Julio Iguana Member

Very nice. Great guitar, playing and vocals.

19. mulekicker

mulekicker Member

Nice! I just bought a Martin d-15m off of Reverb an hour ago. I'm mainly an electric player and have gone through countless cheapo acoustics over the years. Decided to drop a bit more money on something I may actually play and care for. I'm excited to get it.

Route67 likes this.
  20. Chadley

Chadley Member

I am really digging this guitar. Miked up it has an almost dobro like quality at times. A really cool voice that sits perfectly in a mix. I just received my K&K Pure Mini. It’s going in this week and I will report back with my thoughts.

Route67 likes this.