• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NGD! Maton EBG808TE

guitardoc64

After considering it awhile I took the plunge ordered it. Frank at Music Mart was helpful with snapping pictures of the 3 they had in stock and emailing so I could pick one. I picked the one that has a lot of figure in the back and nice grain in the top. It arrived today safely and the first thing I did was take it to a rehearsal/jam. Nice and surprisingly loud, for a smaller bodied guitar. The AP5 Pro system lives up to the hype, it's easy to work and transparent with a boatload of control. I'm very pleased.

Last edited:

guitardoc64

Okay I updated the op with a workaround. I think it might work, but I'm still trying to figure out how to add pictures from my phone. Hmm, with Tapatalk they would have been easy.

guitardoc64

Oh. apparently I can't upload pix since I'm not a supporting member. Sad to be required to pay for features that I have freely used on every other forum I'm on, and it's sad because I have been a longtime member here.

Last edited:

guitardoc64

It sounds great. Nice bass and cutting midrange, very even volume across the fretboard. Similar to the OM Martins I've played but has a voice all its own.

SigXer

I'd love the chance to play a Maton some day. If Tommy Emmanuel and Keith Urban like them, then they're probably good. Congrats!

guitardoc64

I had to set it up, but once I got the action comfortable it's great. The AP5 pickup system is the icing on the cake, it really sounds amazing. Transparent, you hear the guitar, but with lots of control.

cliffenstein

Oh. apparently I can't upload pix since I'm not a supporting member. Sad to be required to pay for features that I have freely used on every other forum I'm on, and it's sad because I have been a longtime member here.
Up load to Flickr or some other service and then come back and post the URL using the photo option and it'll show up.

guitardoc64

Update. In the few days I've had the Maton, I've played it a lot and one thing that I have noticed is how well intonated it is throughout it's range. The construction is top notch with no sloppiness inside or out. The fretwork is nice with frets that are on the smaller side of medium and with a bit of a setup for my preferred low action is buzz free and comfortable. Now to see how it fares in southwest Louisiana's swampy humidity.

swen

After considering it awhile I took the plunge ordered it. Frank at Music Mart was helpful with snapping pictures of the 3 they had in stock and emailing so I could pick one. I picked the one that has a lot of figure in the back and nice grain in the top. It arrived today safely and the first thing I did was take it to a rehearsal/jam. Nice and surprisingly loud, for a smaller bodied guitar. The AP5 Pro system lives up to the hype, it's easy to work and transparent with a boatload of control. I'm very pleased.

come to australia!!!
i been playing maton for years now. go and check out cole clark guitars too... only been around since 2000 but they probably give maton a good run for their money (they have a 3 way pickup system - piezo, a face sensor and a mic - and you can blend the 3 to get your sounds)

i've been thinking about giving one a try

Trending Topics