NGD MIM Classic Series '69 Telecaster Thinline

M

Member 1963

Congrats. These are great teles. I have a 2002 FSR version which was basically same thing but custom colors. Mine is 6 Lbs 6 oz and candy apple red, a color i never liked till i got one and now i do. Tho i prefer burst. Mine is also modded tho the bridge is a 62 custom and neck a twang king and also brass saddles. Pretty much my fav tele to date i think. Some of the colors were mahogany but i found the candy apple red was ash or i wouldn't have bought it.

One question....does yours have a D neck? I ask because the ones i have tried in the past were D's and i prefer V or C and i loucked out that mine is a soft V. I've wondered since i got it if maybe my memory is not accurate and others are NOT D, or maybe the necks were different on the mahogany body ones than the ash. The last one i tried maybe 7-10 years ago was a ash gburst and it had what felt like a D. just curious about this is all, but i'd like to hear what yours is.

M

Member 1963

By the way, posting pis is easy. heres how.

1-go to this page https://imgbb.com/
2-click "start uploading" and navigate to your pick in the window that opens
3-click "upload"
4-click on the pic you uploaded
5-click on the larger version of the pic when it pops up
6-right click on the pic and on the resulting menu click "copy image location"
7-copy the address you see in the address bar of your browser which will end with ".jpg" (assuming it's a jg image)
8-to post it at TGP click the "insert image" icon above the edit field and paste the address you copied in step 6 in the window that pops up and submit the post. Heres mine having done steps 1-8

Oh, and the syntax could be a bt different if you use a different browser than me but it should vbe obvious. I use firefox.

69.jpg

Sparky6string

Silver Supporting Member
I'm jelly jelly. (Jelly role killed my mama, drove my daddy stone blind). I love me a sweet thinline.

Nonvintage

Congrats. These are great teles. I have a 2002 FSR version which was basically same thing but custom colors. Mine is 6 Lbs 6 oz and candy apple red, a color i never liked till i got one and now i do. Tho i prefer burst. Mine is also modded tho the bridge is a 62 custom and neck a twang king and also brass saddles. Pretty much my fav tele to date i think. Some of the colors were mahogany but i found the candy apple red was ash or i wouldn't have bought it.

One question....does yours have a D neck? I ask because the ones i have tried in the past were D's and i prefer V or C and i loucked out that mine is a soft V. I've wondered since i got it if maybe my memory is not accurate and others are NOT D, or maybe the necks were different on the mahogany body ones than the ash. The last one i tried maybe 7-10 years ago was a ash gburst and it had what felt like a D. just curious about this is all, but i'd like to hear what yours is.
Mine's a chunky C with some shoulder. I guess that's what they call a U.

M

Member 1963

Mine's a chunky C with some shoulder. I guess that's what they call a U.
Exactly. I actualy like those now, but i do prefer V if i am given a choise. But in recent years i've come to like both whereas in the past D necks bothered me. I think my epi 2020 special is what changed me in that regard, as i love that neck and it's a major D. In a way D necks can be good because they allow for a thinner neck without losing too much wood.You still get the sound of a beefier neck but without being really thick board to back. I used to just like tiny super thin necks but now i can't stand those and have come to like most anything else but that. Funny how radically you can change over time.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom