1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

NGD MJT Stratocaster builds x 2!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by delron22, May 21, 2011.

1. delron22

delron22 Member

Just arrived today - My two new MJT Stratocaster builds are now underway! Pics of the finished builds will be posted in the next week.

Necks, Bodies and Pickguards from MJTele - thanks Mark!

Firemist Gold with Maple neck and a Oly white Hardtail that I'm going to make HSS config this will be a Rosewood Board that Mark has just shipped to me.

For the HSS I've got a Bare Knuckle VHII with an aged cover - think this will be a good combo with the 80's USA Fender singles I had lying around.

The SSS is SD SSL6 in the bridge with again USA standard neck and middle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/delron22/P1030135.jpg[​IMG]

2. Alistair6

Alistair6 Member

great start for sure.. if you dont mind me asking though why wouldnt you have ordered the HSS routed as such from the get go?

3. delron22

delron22 Member

Hi,

I did talk to Mark about a HSS but I spotted the Oly white body and loved it - my buddy owns a company that sells CNC routing machines so the rout will be no problem.

4. Strung_Out

Strung_Out Member

Love Mark's work, and those look great. I've thought about doing a firemist gold build a few times, so I can't wait to see how these turn out.

5. Simto

Simto Member

Woah they look awesome, i especially dig the Firemist colour, it has a lot of depth to the colour.

6. janosfia

janosfia Member

I love the oly white body. I'm not a fan of heavy relicing (unless it's natural) but this lightly reliced body looks fantastic!

I say foget the SSH, stay with the SSS and get a rosewood fretboard neck and a mint green pickguard.

7. M55ikael

M55ikael Member

Great stuff! Looks incredible. I have two bodies incoming as well, though they're from Scotty Huffman. One will be Olympic White andy the other CAR. Nitro of course.

8. gmann

gmann Member

I love Mark's work and have several things fm him. I actually wanting a hardtail with the Firemist Gold color, maybe later this yr.

9. delron22

delron22 Member

OK,

Firemist gold complete! Sounds awesome loads of sustain and nicely balanced.

The Allparts necks that Mark uses are brilliant to work with - got the action set up nice and low with no choke anywhere.

Pics of the Oly white HSS to follow.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. lumco

lumco Most of the roads I travel are muddy Gold Supporting Member

Very nice, job well done.

11. sonic_777111

sonic_777111 Member

Do the frets come nicely evened on these guys? I'm thinking about ordering an MJT Jaguar kit and I'm wondering if they require additional fretwork.

12. Strung_Out

Strung_Out Member

Can't speak for all them, but mine was certainly great out of the box. I eventually had the fret ends rounded a bit more and the fretboard rolled, but that's just personal preference.

13. delron22

delron22 Member

You bet,

This is my second neck from mark and no set up needed at all both times - the fret profile is micron perfect - go for it!

14. Hulakatt

Hulakatt Supporting Member

I have an MJTele Sherwood green strat body slowly accumulating parts in a case right now. Every once in a while I take it out just to look at the beautiful finish on it. Anyway, i just got some pickups from Rumpelstiltskin and have the rest of the electronics. Just waiting on some paychecks to order the neck from Fralin and hardware from Callaham.

15. sonic_777111

sonic_777111 Member

Wow! I can honestly say I've never found a guitar with a truly satisfactory fret profile. Are they Plek'd, or is this guy just an amazing fretworker?

16. delron22

delron22 Member

I was amazed too - reckon they must be plecked because if you look down with the token squint you can see just how even they are. Been mucking about with guitars for years and there's normally some work to do - not with these baby's!

17. Alpedra

Alpedra Member

Mark does not do any fretwork. The necks are just shipped the way they arrive from AllParts (plus the finishing + relicing work)....

18. delron22

delron22 Member

OK HSS MJT now complete also - I'm over the moon with the Bare Knuckle VHII humbucker - it's a perfect match - sound's fantastic in this guitar - It's always such a lottery with pickups but this kills!

Here she is:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]