• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

NGD: new 2020 Martin 000-42- Oh My!

maplebaby

Those are the edges of the guitar stand that it is sitting on.

It has a normal single while end pin with an abalone dot in the center.
beautiful guitar sir...just wondered if they were ivory on that model or plastic...if the latter some nice ivory would be a nice match for that sweet guitar!

Lwilliams

Gold Supporting Member
beautiful guitar sir...just wondered if they were ivory on that model or plastic...if the latter some nice ivory would be a nice match for that sweet guitar!
Martin calls them Antique White. I assume that means Boltaron.....some kind of ABS/Plastic.

Frozen Rat

Platinum Supporting Member
That is a very classy looking guitar. And you're the only one to ever play it, you can't beat that! The 000 size is very desirable in my opinion. Beside the 00, the 000 is my second favorite. You can get note bloom on a 000 unlike what you can quite manage on a 00. They all have their pros and cons of course, one not being better than the other, just different aural presentations.

Lwilliams

Gold Supporting Member
Yes, the note bloom is very nice. And, when playing fingerstyle, that really makes it sound great. The 000 is a very versatile size. You can flatpick and fingerpick. Both work well. Though I can fingerpick on my D and SJ guitars, they don't respond like the 000 does.

I received this guitar a week ago this afternoon. I have played over 20 hours on it. It keeps getting better.

Mr Fingers

That topwood is very nice. Adirondack or Sitka? I disagree about it opening up fast. It will -- somewhat. It certainly won't in terms of some of the long-term changes in that good wood. Martin is doing a great job building for both the present and the long term future. So, too, is Collings. My '96 Collings 0002HCE continues to improve, from great to spectacular.

Lwilliams

Gold Supporting Member
The top is Sitka with a lot of silking. Very tight grain and has a fast response. Unlike some 000 (24.9) guitars, it works very well with finger style and with a pick.

I think I've got a life-time guitar here!

johnnyjj

It's beautiful - but I could never own one to play, because seeing such a magnificent guitar with inevitable scratches on it would be soul-destroying. :)

Trending Topics