NGD: New Suhr Pete Thorn Signature in Garnet Red - WOW!!!!!!!

Senor Forum

Gold Supporting Member
I mean, what else can I say? This guitar is an absolute monster. The neck is absolute butter. The Thornbucker + Thornbucker+ are incredible in all positions.

Red is NOT my color, but this particular red is absolutely stunning. I walked into my local shop here in Austin and immediately knew I had to have it.

I'll be spending a lot more time with it today, and will update as I learn it more.

That said, man, I can't get over how immediately balanced it comes across. The pickups leave me wanting for absolutely nothing in any position.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Silver Supporting Member
wow..... beautiful.. John’s building some Amazing guitars these days......

Senor Forum

Gold Supporting Member
That's a beautiful guitar. One of these days, I wouldn't mind having a Thorn sig.
I usually avoid signature guitars unless I can find them used for a pretty considerable discount, but Pete is a really stand up dude, and a monster player. Between my respect for him and my respect for Suhr as a company, I didn't hesitate.

Just got through running through the pickup selector / the push pull option for the bridge, and it's just amazing how versatile this thing is.

There are so many bloody sounds.

The bridge is SUPER big sounding, and has amazing clarity. It doesn't seem to get harsh at all. Some of the most musical highs I've heard.

Madison

I was in the local Austin guitar shop 2 years ago and it sure made me miss the one great mom & pop store we used to have in RVA. Closest for me is now 2.5 hours away Sound Pure. Nice ngd, enjoy!

jsboswell

Supporting Member
Congratulations! That setup (Thornbuckers and bridge) is the absolute BOMB! It's what I spec'd on my Custom Classic, which was heavily influenced by the Pete Thorn SIgnature but with the Classic body shape. Enjoy!

Trending Topics