NGD: New Suhr Pete Thorn Signature in Garnet Red - WOW!!!!!!!

CJReaper

If I could afford a Suhr it would be Pete's model, I really like the specs and that he designed it so anyone can play it without feeling like a "Pete Wannabe", lol. I mean if your playing an EVH striped guitar we all know who and where that came from, Pete's is just classy and unless you know who Pete is anyone would just think that's a really nice guitar... unless you run into one of the clueless "Couldn't afford a real Fender?" clowns... ;)

Blanket Jackson

is Tio's favorite
Silver Supporting Member
That's a sweet instrument, Alex! Congrats! I too love love LOVE that shade or red. Looking forward to more thoughts as you play it.

Senor Forum

Gold Supporting Member
If I could afford a Suhr it would be Pete's model, I really like the specs and that he designed it so anyone can play it without feeling like a "Pete Wannabe", lol. I mean if your playing an EVH striped guitar we all know who and where that came from, Pete's is just classy and unless you know who Pete is anyone would just think that's a really nice guitar... unless you run into one of the clueless "Couldn't afford a real Fender?" clowns... ;)
Dude, seriously. I adore that he put his signature on the back of the headstock, so it isn't right out front where everyone has to look at it.

It's a small thing, but it was absolutely a contributing factor. :)

twinrider1

I saw that last pic and thought, "wait, is that a fretless?" That might not be a bad idea. ;)

Beauty. Enjoy!
ha, my first reaction was, Is that ebony?! It looks fantastic. I'd like to see that, darkest ebony, no inlays, some kind of black SS frets.

Peteyvee

Premium Platinum Member
Awesome. Red is my favorite color for guitars.
Enjoy.
Me too. Red guitars rock. So what’s the deal with the last pic of the fretless? Is it an optical illusion or does it actually exist? That would be pretty cool...

Senor Forum

Gold Supporting Member
Me too. Red guitars rock. So what’s the deal with the last pic of the fretless? Is it an optical illusion or does it actually exist? That would be pretty cool...
Its just the neck cover that comes with it! Hahaha. It really is a trip to see it and not know, though. :D

Reactions: Roe

Guitarworks

Hmmm, that's ruby slipper red where I come from (Garnet isn't that bright & festive) but congrats nonetheless. Cheers!

NateW.

I mean, what else can I say? This guitar is an absolute monster. The neck is absolute butter. The Thornbucker + Thornbucker+ are incredible in all positions.

Red is NOT my color, but this particular red is absolutely stunning. I walked into my local shop here in Austin and immediately knew I had to have it.

I'll be spending a lot more time with it today, and will update as I learn it more.

That said, man, I can't get over how immediately balanced it comes across. The pickups leave me wanting for absolutely nothing in any position.

Pure class. Very nice.

I mean, what else can I say? This guitar is an absolute monster. The neck is absolute butter. The Thornbucker + Thornbucker+ are incredible in all positions.

Red is NOT my color, but this particular red is absolutely stunning. I walked into my local shop here in Austin and immediately knew I had to have it.

I'll be spending a lot more time with it today, and will update as I learn it more.

That said, man, I can't get over how immediately balanced it comes across. The pickups leave me wanting for absolutely nothing in any position.

A beaut, congrats man! I have a Suhr Custom Classic with the Thornbuckers, one of my favorite pickup sets of all time. Super versatile and sound incredible.

Trending Topics