NGD: New Suhr Pete Thorn Signature in Garnet Red - WOW!!!!!!!

Senor Forum

Gold Supporting Member
Beautiful guitar and talk about quality, man do they build em right. I think they = PRS quality with no problem for less money. I have the Modern plus and the Andy Wood tele with Thornbuckers in black with silver pick guard and it's bad ass. Sounds awesome, quality insane and makes you wanna play it constantly. Yours is awesome! Have fun.
Quality has been a hair over most of the PRS I've owned in my experience. I've had a few 594's and McCarty's over the last 1-2 years.

There have always been little things that seemed off with the PRS. I also MUCH prefer Suhr necks.

That said, both are awesome.

It's also a huge plus to be able to pretty easily talk to John Suhr if there is an issue. :)

Gig Young

The Diana Nyad of Guitar
Gold Supporting Member
That guitar sounds as good as it looks!
(... wait a minute??).

Congrats!!

analogsystem

The Suhr guitars are definitely living up to the hype. I have had a Satin T for a few years now and its become my swiss army knife guitar. Its the only guitar I've had in the past 20 years that I haven't changed the pickups on!

The Pete Thorn bridge is really special. I'd love to get those locking saddles on my Gotoh 510 someday. I think Pete really addressed a tiny, but important issue with those saddles.

Rock in good health!

Powderfinger

Gold Supporting Member
I had one in gold that I just sold. Beautiful guitar. Perfect neck for me. Perfect quality. I had the classic "just could never bond with it." Don't know why. I guess the sounds were uninspiring compared to other guitars I have. Also, for humbuckers I think I just prefer a short scale.

Senor Forum

Gold Supporting Member
I had one in gold that I just sold. Beautiful guitar. Perfect neck for me. Perfect quality. I had the classic "just could never bond with it." Don't know why. I guess the sounds were uninspiring compared to other guitars I have. Also, for humbuckers I think I just prefer a short scale.
The biggest thing for me was letting go of expecting it to sound like x or y guitar. Once I accepted it as its own thing, with a lot of amazing, usable tones, I was happier.

Every single pickup position on this guitar sounds stunning to me.

Go Cat Go!!

Wow! Stunning guitar! Play the heck out of her in good health.

But there is kibble in the background but no picture of the kibble muncher. For shame!

Trending Topics