NGD: New Suhr Pete Thorn Signature in Garnet Red - WOW!!!!!!!

Senor Forum

Gold Supporting Member
Thank you kind sir! Love the kitties but allergies prevent me from having my own.
My pleasure!

I had HORRIBLE allergies to cats, and around 25 I got married and moved in with my wife, who had 3 long haired cats. It was a trial by fire, but after a year or two my allergies just disappeared. It was like I beat them into submission.

The wife is long gone, but the love for cats is stronger than ever. :D

Senor Forum

Gold Supporting Member
Monkey and Skunkie approve.

Oh my God. ADORABLE!!!

Thanks for sharing!

I’ve got this incredible photo of Bruce and Chrono where their tails intertwined while sitting in the window together. Tracking it down now...

Senor Forum

Gold Supporting Member
Is your tortie a cranky cat??? I've had three of them and all were stubborn and cantankerous!

Scooter is an old lady but she's still my favorite. She's purr, hiss, swat at you, then go back to purring - all within 30 seconds. (I'm always happy to derail a thread with cats.)

Dude, my other two are also torties. They all do exactly what you’re describing. Purr -> Swat -> Hiss -> Licking -> Bite etc.

I wouldn’t change it for anything. Absolutely loonies, the three of them. :D

fuzz_factor

Supporting Member
Looks like a little badass off to hunt something...
Hah! It's true! Our old landlords claimed that Ash would hunt and kill moles on command! They lived upstairs and loved cat sitting him.

He's slowed down as he gotten older and his range is limited to our yard, but about a year ago he caught a hummingbird. Not sure how he managed that, but in the moment my girlfriend and I tried to figure out how to save the bird, he ripped it's head off and swallowed it in three bites. Needless to say, we were shocked!

Fortunately, he gets along with our dog (who came along years later)!

BTW - OP: Sure sweet guitar! My main object of GAS is an HH Suhr. It might be a Pete or something else, but your pics have me loving that red.

murray and ash.jpg

stratman89

Supporting Member
Congrats on a gorgeous PT in Red!!

You're absolutely right about the versatility of this guitar. I've got an Ocean Turquoise with the Gotoh 510 bridge.

I'm thinking about getting the new Wilkinson bridge. How do you like it?

Enjoy!

COYS

Tone monster, plays like buttah, color stunning - yep, got yourself a TGP-approved axe there. Congrats!

bromac

Silver Supporting Member
I own two Suhr guitars, the modern plus HSS and the Andy Wood tele with Thornbuckers, both with roasted necks. Incredible guitars. I like the pattern thin neck on all my PRS guitars (except vintage on 594) and my Clapton Strat neck and both Suhr necks feel very comparable to the PRS's and Strat. Feel is perfect and both have a roasted neck which play like butter. SO soft and comfortable. Best necks I've ever played and I've owned many guitars. Staying in tune of course is huge for all of us and thru all my PRS guitars there always seems to be a bit of a tuning stability issue that I've had to have my tech help me with. These Suhr guitars won't come out of tune, rock solid. Fairly hard to find because they don't make a ton of em because each one is given so much attention during build. Get ya one.

I have the black 2020 version of PT's guitar. It's a real swiss army knife of guitars. It's extremely versatile. It does all things well.

sinasl1

I usually avoid signature guitars unless I can find them used for a pretty considerable discount, but Pete is a really stand up dude, and a monster player. Between my respect for him and my respect for Suhr as a company, I didn't hesitate.

Just got through running through the pickup selector / the push pull option for the bridge, and it's just amazing how versatile this thing is.

There are so many bloody sounds.

The bridge is SUPER big sounding, and has amazing clarity. It doesn't seem to get harsh at all. Some of the most musical highs I've heard.
Awesome man! Thanks for mentioning the clarity/lack of harshness, and the versatility.

Trending Topics