NGD - Nocaster

OminousPoultry

Silver Supporting Member
So I finally found the Nocaster I was looking for. I'd waited about 2 years to find a good one - mainly because they seemed to come up so infrequently with the spec I wanted. I wanted an early one, but not a Cunetto. And I wasn't going to pay the crazy prices that had been asked for some. I found it on CL of all places and even though the deal was difficult it worked out OK in the end.

It's a 1999, serial number 0357 and it's great. It's NOS and although I think I would have preferred a Closet Classic or light relic I'll just have to play the thing in.....

The guy had bought it new and rarely played it. It's brand new basically. He also gave me a Fender catalogue from 1999 which he kept with the Nocaster. Oddly the catalogue says the NOS is available in Vintage blonde but this is honey blonde.

EVen though the neck is a big U it's still smaller than my Esquire.....

OminousPoultry

Silver Supporting Member
that Esquire was bought as a mongrel of uncertain ancestry....;) It was a Fender maple neck, Fender hardware and (so I was told) a Revelator body. I don't know if it is but it's a lovely lightweight ash body. However the back of it had some serious paint run - almost like waves of ridges in the paint. So hence the matt black finish now. The neck was a very slim C which I didn't like so I sold it on here to a Greek guy. I already had a maple neck tele, so ordered a solid rosewood 1" all the way neck from Warmoth. It's a great guitar....now with a Callaham bridge and brass saddles and Rutters switch tip

Trending Topics