• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NGD: not a Gibson/Fender/booteek

mhuxtable

I don't expect many people to dig this but...

we went to the local guitar shop today just looking around and damn if my fiancé doesn't actually convince/persuade me to get this beauty! :lol: I don't think many guys can say they have a significant other who encourages this behavior :D

Pickups are split coils. Controls are like this:

LO: neck pickup
ALL: both pickups
HL: bass side of neck, treble side of bridge
HI: bridge pickup

pigman

A beauty and a great find. My compliments on your choice of guitar and girlfriend. Apparently, you've decided that both are keepers. Best of luck! Also curious about how it sounds....

mhuxtable

Plays amazing actually.....very smooth, comfy neck, fairly flat-ish radius.

Sounds very nice....a little extra mid range than a "normal" semi hollow.

Motorhed

That is cool! I've never seen one of those before, the pickups make me thing of Gibson's V2 but those are much wilder in their function. Sounds like the pickup combinations would get some unique sounds. I may have never played one but I like it!

Bill M

Nice axe!!! I am a big Greco fan and I can say I have never seen one of those before.

mhuxtable

Yeah the Shrike is a rare bird....apparently it was their "top of the line" model back in the day. Probably late 60s. It was VERY well kept, and obviously has some mods done....but not sure if they were factory done way back when or not.

Sunded fantastic a practice tonight....very vintage hollow body sound....boxy-ish....lots of different pickup configurations that yield vastly different sounds.