NGD - Or "Build Complete" Day

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by brainhurricane, Apr 29, 2015.

1. brainhurricane

brainhurricane Member

Just phone pics right now - better pictures on the way in a day or so (when the sun decides to come out in Atlanta).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spent a while yesterday on initial setup, but she's screaming now. This is my first experience with a SD '59 in the neck position, and I think it is the brightest, least muddy neck pickup I've ever heard - so much so that I don't know if I'm a fan of it yet (we're still learning each other).

Anyway, wanted to share - this is the little sister of last month's build: [​IMG]

Credit where credit is due:
    Body/finish by Rosser Guitars

Specs:
    Neck: Warmoth Telecaster Pro Construction, Unfinished roasted maple/rosewood, straight 9.5" radius, standard thin profile, SS6105 frets, TUSQXL nut (shaped/filed by me)
    Body: Lightly flamed maple cap on mahogany, satin nitro, lightly reliced
    Pickups: SD 59 Neck/SD 59 Bridge (Didn't get the pickup rings quite square/parallel, decided it doesn't bother me)
    Bridge: Mightymite hardtail - I've used these on 5 builds so far and have absolutely loved every single one of them - good chrome, nice and thick...everything I want out of a bridge, really.
    Tuners: MIJ Gotoh Vintage style split shafts

2. Beakertwang

Beakertwang Supporting Member

Very cool. I love the RB shape. That white (sonic blue?) one looks incredible! Is that a roasted maple neck, or does it just look lighter than the usual rosewood? (On the white one, I mean.)

3. brainhurricane

brainhurricane Member

Thanks!

It's sonic blue, the neck is Sapele/Zebrawood. Aesthetically speaking, it is my favorite looking guitar I've ever laid eyes on - just the way the neck contrasts with the body:

[​IMG]

I'll take some pictures with the real camera soon.

4. analogsystem

analogsystem Member

5. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

I dig them both, but the SB one is sweet.

6. thesockmonster

thesockmonster Member

Where'd you find the covers for the SD 59's on the sonic blue? Those "rings" are sweet.

7. brainhurricane

brainhurricane Member

The 59s are on the burst, the SB has GFS Loudmouths - they sound freaking sweet, too (for all you GFS haters out there :p)

8. e???

e??? Member

That's awesome. Beautiful guitars. I've never investigated, but is it as good as a fano n stuff of that caliber? The parts seem to be, but do they know more about setting it up and perfect fits or something than you do maybe? Is it on that level?

9. brainhurricane

brainhurricane Member

I'm positive that a Fano is a better guitar - they're not building them in their garage.

That being said, I'm happy with both of these...I think these are builds 12 and 13 or somewhere thereabouts.