NGD: Palir custom Tele

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by televisual, Feb 19, 2015.

1. televisual

televisual Supporting Member

I submitted my order near the end of August to John at Palir after meeting him and demoing his guitars at summer NAMM. After having an issue with wood supply near the holidays, I finally received my tele build yesterday. So, here are my initial thoughts and feelings on the build:

All of my requests were responded to via email in a timely (24-48 hrs) manner. The guitar arrived with tension off the strings and setup by John's shop beforehand. The setup is a little low for my like as I play (mainly chicken pickin) pretty hard but who hasn't had a guitar setup separately after delivery, right?

The finish is absolutely what I wanted, envisioned, whatever you wanna call it. I asked for a brown, chocolate-like finish with a thin nitro coat. The neck has his custom finish on it, very thin, and slicker than greased ice. I had him upgrade the neck to flamed maple and it looks fantastic.

I simply asked for a "hot" bridge pickup and the same mini-hum he had in a guitar at the NAMM show and I feel like that's exactly what I got...it's a little shy of my Fralin Blues 5% I have in another tele; I don't know what the pickups are exactly though I imagine they are from Porter pickups who winds most of his pickups anyway.

Here are some pics (ignore the blue nash, still organizing my photo bucket acct).

I highly recommend John, the wait is WELL worth it and the price is killer compared to the instrument he delivered.

"http://s304.photobucket.com/user/televisual/embed/slideshow/

2. mxk116

mxk116 Silver Supporting Member

In the market for a tele style guitar and Palir is on the radar. Stumbled across your thread. Lovely, lovely instrument. I hope you are still enjoying it.

Hope you don't mind but I re-posted a some of the photos so they appear more easily. The guitar is too nice not to see. :beer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

derekd likes this.
  3. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin Member

Lovely guitar !!!!!

I think John makes the best custom strat/tele guitars around right now with his own original take in both colour, finish and design.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  4. mikeratan00

mikeratan00 Supporting Member

Mine came in today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KSL and FlameTop like this.
  5. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin Member

Is that the case that it came in?

Much nicer case than the one mine came in.

6. BenFrantz

BenFrantz Member

These guitars look killer. If they sound as good as they look they're a home run. I like their unique touches.

7. superstratjunky

superstratjunky Member

8. rgsss14

rgsss14 Gold Supporting Member