NGD: Patrick James Eggle Macon

C_C_King

Today I was in a bad mood so left the house to get some fresh air, visit a local guitar shop here and come across to this bad boy..

I was gassing for a modern interpretation of LP for a while and liked this one very much..It is light, clear sounding, has a great neck and looks nice to me..I mean, look at that top !

Owner of the shop is my friend and gave me a nice deal on this one and I pulled the trigger.. What a nice instrument, become a very nice accompaniment to my R7. Totally made my day..
20220721_161549.jpg
20220729_195604.jpg

Last edited:

fitz

Wow! Nice guitar. I never heard of a Patrick James Eggle probably due to being made in the UK. I had to look up the specs and was impressed. Tummy cut, semi-chambered, nice hardware and pickups, finish options etc. Also, looks like a great price for a handmade instrument. I would think that the name "Macon" is a nod to Duane Allman or Southern rock LP style guitar.

C_C_King

Sound wise, how does it compare to your LP

looks lovely

I would not say they are night and day...R7 has the Gibson flavor, if you know what I mean..Macon has more clarity and very balanced sound..Despite they have some different flavor, I would not mind using them interchangebly for a performance..The difference is less than the difference between Prs singlecuts and Gibson..

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom