NGD: Peavey Predator Plus

JosephZdyrski

Just picked this up today.... and I also picked up a Mk2 Katana 50 a couple days ago ....so it’s raining gear lol.... I didn’t think I’d buy both originally but the guitar was cheap and fairly rare as they were only made between ‘99 - ‘02 and were a sort of Strat/Wolfgang hybrid. They came out along with the original Wolfgang Guitars had poplar bodies and actually half way decent tremolo that was floating but I quickly decked it as that’s my preference. R

It has locking tuners which I thought were aftermarket but are apparently stock.... they actually made these with locking turners but I’m still not sure if the HB is stock, could be but could also be a Duncan of some kind that was swapped in. Idk. As I mention in the video the color doesn’t match and is identical to a SD HB.

See and hear it in the video below...

The_Bell

Just picked this up today.... and I also picked up a Mk2 Katana 50 a couple days ago ....so it’s raining gear lol.... I didn’t think I’d buy both originally but the guitar was cheap and fairly rare as they were only made between ‘99 - ‘02 and were a sort of Strat/Wolfgang hybrid. They came out along with the original Wolfgang Guitars had poplar bodies and actually half way decent tremolo that was floating but I quickly decked it as that’s my preference. R

It has locking tuners which I thought were aftermarket but are apparently stock.... they actually made these with locking turners but I’m still not sure if the HB is stock, could be but could also be a Duncan of some kind that was swapped in. Idk. As I mention in the video the color doesn’t match and is identical to a SD HB.

See and hear it in the video below...

That looks much like the same model I purchased for my nephew for his first guitar. Locking Grovers on mine (no spinner in bottom), wheel adjust neck, and the two point bridge is smooth. Those things are way under the radar. Big bonus: disassembled it fits in a carry-on bag.

Last edited:

JSutter

I had a similar guitar. I dropped it and broke the body at one of the bridge screws. That bridge is smooth and feels good to rest a palm on.

JosephZdyrski

I had a similar guitar. I dropped it and broke the body at one of the bridge screws. That bridge is smooth and feels good to rest a palm on.
Totally agree the bridge is awesome.....

Sorry to hear about your guitar.... liked your post cuz I agree about the bridge not because I like that your axe broke... that is always unfortunate but is also further proof that a bad drop can break just about any guitar not just the much discussed Gibson headstock.

Congrats, a black one was the first guitar that I bought, back in 2004, it might have been good but probably bad treatment from me made it horrible and I hated it (the weird look didn't help either), so I ended up trading it. The locking tuners were kinda confusing for young me.

The humbucker is probably stock because it looks just like the one I had.

Last edited:

Trending Topics