• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NGD!! Pickup tester mule scrapocaster

Chris Rice

As we're winding more and more pickups, we needed something to be able to do quick swaps and test them out with. Here she is!

Hem-Fir body with pine risers, maple/rosewood Tulip neck. Pickguard scraps sliced up to accomodate just about any pickup combinations with ease. I'm loving it!

Southern ILL

Kinda a Guitar Pickup Dyno......Cool stuff Homeboyz!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....The Rice Boyz are the Dr.Frankenstiens of the bastardized guitar world.:dude

Chris Rice

Frankenstein for sure. Look close and you may see bits of Rice Custom, G&L, Fender, Allparts, Peavey, Washburn, WD, Squier, Electra, and many more.

I love the fancy guitars. But I also love the junkyard/partsdrawer specials!

dougk

Gold Supporting Member
Awesome!

I've thought about taking a couple of ugly strat bodies and just milling all the way through em to swap from behind. The way you did it is probably a lot easier!

Chris Rice

This was a combination of designs I was throwing around with my dad and brother, one of which was to buy a cheap strat and pop the pickup holes through. This worked out better, as the access is improved and the guitar is more stable. I can change to any pickup configuration with the turn of a dozen or so screws. The switches on the control module are for 250k/500k volume and .022/.047/bypass on the tone control. Volume/Tone/Blend. I may make more control modules down the line, but this one covers 90% of what I need for pickup testing.

In Tune

whatever that is..... works,, your pickups and guitars sound excellent....all your videos blow me away...got get some of doze Pickups........good job Chris.

WordMan

Platinum Supporting Member
that is smart and cool - I want one.

heck, stick Robot tuners on it and it's Gibson's next GoTW!!

;)

marsos52

thats cool chris

now that you have posted that ......betcha, you got a couple orders for one

marc

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Moved to proper forum.

Interesting concept.

I always thought of routing the body through from the face to the side...direct mounting the pickups.

Bassplayer mag did something liek that years back to test vintage Jazz style pups.

Trending Topics