NGD! PRS Brent Mason

dmkz

Just got the notice that my PRS Brent Mason has been delivered! Can't wait to get home, unbox it and start playing! Pics and impressions are sure to follow!!!!

mdrake34

What color, and which fingerboard? I'd love to try one, they look to be as versatile as any guitar on the market.

dmkz

I was spending a lot of time GASsing over the PRS Brushstroke 24 model, then I realized these are the same pickups! As much as I'd like to have the brushstroke birds on the neck this Brent Mason really of grew on me. I recently sold my strat and have always wanted the white body/rosewood board combination, so when I found this baby used I jumped on it.

Being at work is really getting in the way of my free time right now.....

dmkz

First impressions!

I really only had a few minutes to play around last night unplugged but so far I am VERY IMPRESSED....not enough hours in the day!

The body is a lot lighter than I was expecting. Well balanced and smooth to the touch. I'm sure I could let her hang on my shoulder for a few hours with no problem. The finish on the neck and body also feels great, almost like there is nothing on there. BIG difference from my old strat, BIG improvement. The neck is a little fatter than what I am used to, but still very comfortable in my hand. The rosewood fingerboard also feels great. The guys over at Chicago Music Exchange did a great setup, the intonation and action are perfect to my touch. The frets are flawless!

I am really impressed with the PRS tremolo system. What a HUGE improvement over my strat. Can't wait to play around with that more.

The only thing that struck me as less than perfect was the tone and volume knobs. They are so frictionless that they almost feel loose. I am just concerned that they will move on their own while I'm playing. Anyone else notice this?

For a used guitar I am floored. I havent found any dings or scratches or imperfections of any kind. I cannot wait to get some quality time plugged into my setup.

ShaunzNoiz

That's the way the PRS knobs are. I like them because I'm always doing volume swells so they feel great to me. Looking forward to a tone report!

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
The only thing that struck me as less than perfect was the tone and volume knobs. They are so frictionless that they almost feel loose. I am just concerned that they will move on their own while I'm playing. Anyone else notice this?
by all means change them out for some stiff RS pots, then send the PRS pots to me! (for proper disposal of course :))

dmkz

It's a Pattern neck, so 27/32" (0.844") at the nut, which most people seem to call a Medium C. PRS doesn't mention the thickness further up the neck, but it's a very smooth transition.

I have no idea if that's right or wrong...but I love the way it feels, I love the way it plays, and I love the way it sounds. This one is a keeper.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom