NGD: PRS CE24

Doomrider78

This mark's a couple of events: Firstly, I felt the need to get rid of 2 guitars I never play, either because I've got a better sense of what I want or because I haven't bonded with them. Secondly, my Canadian Permanent Residence came through this week so I thought I'd treat myself.

This is, by far and away, the most I've ever spent on a guitar, but it is a thing of beauty. Probably not TGP-approved but hey-ho :p:D

Its a PRS CE24, Amber

NGD

Xkcdfan

I sold my CE24 yesterday and i miss it already.Went in here hoping i'd see that particular one :p. I had an older model with a black headstock and those guitars were beasts. I can see another PRS for myself in the future.

You got a great guitar on your hands!

Last edited:

Doomrider78

I sold my CE24 yesterday and i miss it already.Went in here hoping i'd see that particular one :p. I had an older model with a black headstock and those guitars were beasts. I can see another PRS for myself in the future.

You got a great guitar on your hands!
Why'd you sell it?

J Factor

Silver Supporting Member
Nice! So far the only PRS I've really gravitated towards are the CEs. Last year I played a bunch of the '90s ones and current models, but still haven't jumped on one. I may just do that some day.

RL2792

Nice guitar. I've been looking at those, and the semi-hollow version, a lot lately. How are the coil-split tones?

Doomrider78

Nice guitar. I've been looking at those, and the semi-hollow version, a lot lately. How are the coil-split tones?
I haven't really spent much time with the coil split, yet, as I have my Strat when I want to play single coil but I'll let you know when I get round to it.

Certainly the videos I've seen suggest they sound excellent when split.

kunos

congrats for both events!
I have been pointing at this one for a long time because I like the CE24 specs a lot.. wasnt sure about the amber color tho (yours looks supergood).. "ended up" with my first CU24 instead :p

Doomrider78

congrats for both events!
I have been pointing at this one for a long time because I like the CE24 specs a lot.. wasnt sure about the amber color tho (yours looks supergood).. "ended up" with my first CU24 instead :p
Thanks. They also had the McCarty finish one but I didnt think the wood grain looked as good. That's quite a leap in money for "ended up with" a guitar :eek::D

Doomrider78

Thinking about it, my biggest criticism is that it only came with a gig bag: you would have thought a guitar that cost nearly 3000 bucks, with taxes, would come with a hard case.

monty

Thinking about it, my biggest criticism is that it only came with a gig bag: you would have thought a guitar that cost nearly 3000 bucks, with taxes, would come with a hard case.
Agreed, I think guitars in that price range should have both a hard and soft case included.

Trending Topics