NGD - PRS content

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Al Rose, May 7, 2016.

1. Al Rose

Al Rose Silver Supporting Member

Back in the early 1990's I bought a PRS CE22. Awesome guitar, and used it as my main gigging guitar for about 6 years. I then "retired" and sold the guitar, figuring I could always buy another one if I wanted to. Well, as we all know, PRS stopped making them. When I "un-retired" about 6 years ago I began looking for my old guitar, but each one I looked at tended to be pretty beat up. I loved the pattern thin neck, and all the new PRS guitars I played had a thicker neck profile. Until 6 months ago when I saw they were being reissued with the same spec neck. So yesterday my whale blue CE24 was delivered. While I know there was another thread with quite a few guys pretty much trashing the reissue, I am impressed and loving it. Plays great, and sounds awesome as well. Just like I remembered. So here it is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, here are it's two "stable-mates", a Strat with SD pups and CTS pots and switches, and a 1978 Daion with the same SD pups. Three awesome guitars.

[​IMG]

So now the problem is - which one do I take..... :p

Al

2. ef_in_fla

ef_in_fla Member

The new one, of course!

3. Al Rose

Indeed....of course at some point it will no longer be "new", so what then? :eek:

Actually, all three sound great and play great, but the Strat is the warmer of the three, so I'm sure I'll bring at least the PRS and the Strat. 'Course you can NEVER have too many guitars....:)

Al

4. wilblee

wilblee Hack sans shame Gold Supporting Member

I'm a sucker for a happy ending. Glad it's as you remember. Congratulations!

sanhozay likes this.
  5. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009 Silver Supporting Member

That's a really long trem bar, is that what they ship with?

6. Al Rose

It is....

Al