• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NGD- PRS content

monty

Still pretty emotional from Eddie’s passing, I knew would be it dangerous going to a guitar store. I just told myself I love my Wolfgang so I’m good. Anyways, ran into this PRS and was really feeling it. Here’s a quick pic.
Also I know very little about PRS guitars in general so any comments about this model would be appreciated thank you. E9880814-C9F3-4CB6-8186-62AD5B732CEE.jpeg

Last edited:

chandra

I’m not very familiar with PRS guitars, but yours looks really good. How’s the weight and neck size?

RIP Eddie. My second Strat was a Squier VM Strat that I bought solely because of the overwound bucker in the bridge. Made that into my beater guitar and pretended to be EVH up until like 2013, lol. What an inspiration.

monty

I’m not very familiar with PRS guitars, but yours looks really good. How’s the weight and neck size?

RIP Eddie. My second Strat was a Squier VM Strat that I bought solely because of the overwound bucker in the bridge. Made that into my beater guitar and pretended to be EVH up until like 2013, lol. What an inspiration.
Weight isnt too bad, I'd say average for a typical Fender strat. Actually, the neck reminds my of a typical US Strat neck, maybe why I feel comfortable with it.

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
You like what you like...and there ain't nothin' wrong with that!

The only PRS that worked for me is a Silver Sky...but they are more Leo than Paul;)!

SmokeyJacks

This seems to be an SE Custom 24. The import version of their flagship guitar. Everyone of these I’ve played has been well made and incredibly playable.

monty

You like what you like...and there ain't nothin' wrong with that!

The only PRS that worked for me is a Silver Sky...but they are more Leo than Paul;)!
I hear ya, I've tried a ton of them over the years and aside from a certain S2 and the SS none really spoke to me. This one did though :)
This seems to be an SE Custom 24. The import version of their flagship guitar. Everyone of these I’ve played has been well made and incredibly playable.
Correct, this one says made in Korea on the back.

Sweat

Gold Supporting Member
Congrats nothing wrong with a SE, I just received a 35th Anniversary Custom SE, only thing I do is add locking tuners. Sweetwater sells a PRS designed for SE models.

That on you have looks great.

HERSCHEL

I hear ya, I've tried a ton of them over the years and aside from a certain S2 and the SS none really spoke to me. This one did though :)

Correct, this one says made in Korea on the back.
Very nice, congratulations! I have an affinity for guitars made at WMI.

Plaid Sabbath

Platinum Supporting Member
Congrats. Looks good. Been close to pulling the trigger on one of these myself. How has the tuning stability been for you so far?

Jett

Gold Supporting Member
Nice PRS, I have a McCarty. It is in rotation, as I am not stuck on one brand, but they are super nice guitars and everyone should have at least one...Congrats

monty

How has the tuning stability been for you so far?
That was the million dollar question before I pulled the trigger, because I've been a double locking trem guy for years now and hate messing with tuning issues. I went wild on the bar at the store and it kept tune very well. I may still put the lockers Sweat above mentioned but only because I like quick string changes.

Plaid Sabbath

Platinum Supporting Member
That was the million dollar question before I pulled the trigger, because I've been a double locking trem guy for years now and hate messing with tuning issues. I went wild on the bar at the store and it kept tune very well. I may still put the lockers Sweat above mentioned but only because I like quick string changes.
Hey...sounds good to me. I think those locking tuners you and Sweat mentioned are the same ones on my CE 24. Been really happy with them. Now I'll probably fall into a PRS wormhole today. You're an enabler, I tell you.

Trending Topics