Ngd: Prs ja-15

thehikingdude

Worked out a trade deal to bring in this new PRS JA-15. It sings! It sustains! It makes julian fries!! If you get a chance, play one! You won't regret it.

Spruce top, Flame Maple Back and Neck - All stored away under the glossiest Black finish I've ever seen. 53/10 pickups, Ebony Fretboard. So far it will play anything I throw at it.

jpftribe

PRS makes some gorgeous guitars, and this is no exception. Glossy black is right, this thing looks like a piano top.

Blue Light

No piezo on the JA-15, right?
I was impressed with the piezo on the Hollowbody.
But these JA-15s look wonderful.

thehikingdude

No piezo on the JA-15, right?
I was impressed with the piezo on the Hollowbody.
But these JA-15s look wonderful.
Thanks guys!

Correct, these have no Piezo - not even as an option. Supposedly it would have had too much of an impact on the sound. I have a PRS HBII with the piezo so I don't miss it in this one.

I don't know if there's any one thing to point to, but I am really digging these newer models. I've got both a JA-15 and a SC-58, both with the new 2-piece bridge. The combo of wood, pickups, maybe even their new V12 finish, really work together.

thehikingdude

What does JA-15 stand for?
Good question. PRS "JA-15" Paul Jackson Jr. with a [SIZE=-1]15" Lower Bout Width.[/SIZE] In essence it's a Signature model, but his name is nowhere on the guitar. And no pointy headstock, which I know some don't care for. It has an ebony fretboard along with an ebony headstock overlay.

Ken I

Silver Supporting Member
Great guitar, this is probably the best "jazz" style guitar that PRS has made that is not limited to that genre!

The bear

I own a hollowbody spruce. I am wondering how the JA-15 compares in terms of sound. Not sure if you ever played one of these.

thehikingdude

I own a hollowbody spruce. I am wondering how the JA-15 compares in terms of sound. Not sure if you ever played one of these.
Sorry, I have not. I still need to do a A-B comparison between this one and my maple topped HBII, at least for my own ears.

Dashface

Damn. That is a classy thing. I don't care for flame tops, so a lot of PRS are out for me - but that one is *******ed amazing.

thehikingdude

Damn. That is a classy thing. I don't care for flame tops, so a lot of PRS are out for me - but that one is *******ed amazing.
I hear ya. I've never had a "plain" PRS before, so this was a big change for me. Somehow it just works with this one. What's funny is that you can tell that the back is totally flamed out. You can visually tell even just looking at the back, but it's impossible to capture it in a photo.

Trending Topics