NGD..PRS NAMM Siggy has landed!!!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by crgtr, Feb 9, 2012.

1. crgtr

crgtr Supporting Member

....The Siggy has landed! She got here today! Here's the shot from the NAMM display. Signature Limited!! Faded Abalone.
    [​IMG]
    Ok...there's more to the story. I wanted a non-trem of this one. I didn't like the NAMM colors & bought the one you see above. Then I got an email from Troy @ Wildwood & he said he could get me a stop-tail Siggy.
    So now I had to decide on which one to get..........So I did what any geetar lovin' knucklehead would do....I bought them both....in the same color..... Now, I can only keep one of them. I'll tone test them & then sell one. It's a pretty pricey test, but I figured if I'm gonna spend that kind of money, I need to get exactly what I want. I also know me.. that's why I got both in the same color. I probably wouldn't want 2 in the same color & model. At least that's what I NEED to happen.
    The Sig's are shipping very fast so it probably won't be too long before I have both in my hands. I'll do a shoot-out video too. They have certainly helped me in noticing tonal nuances that I didn't notice while playing. I'll be interested in hearing from y'all too. My guess is (all woods equal) that the trem Sig will have added sparkle/twang & the stop-t version, a little more beef.
    I guess we'll see! Stay tuned! Same Bat-Channel...Same Bat-Time...
    In the mean time....photo time!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Fuzzy phone pics. Sorry!

2. crgtr

crgtr Supporting Member

Ok...I did a quick 20 minute tone test. I have family in town & could only break away for a few minutes at subject them to 100dB guitar wanking. All I can say is HOLY CRAP!!! This is an AMAZING sounding guitar. These pickups are very, very special. From full-on Les Paul GIRTH, to a very punchy P90 style tapped tones. I couldn't even bring Riza into the same room. I know she would be jealous. The twin Siggy Shootout is gonna be awesome!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/crgtr/photobucket-4846-1328814771200.jpg[​IMG]

3. crgtr

crgtr Supporting Member

Cracked her open, just cause I HAVE to, and got some gut shots.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Jiffy_Jeff

Jiffy_Jeff Playin Tunes and Having Fun! Silver Supporting Member

That is ugly. You should send it to me for immediate disposal.

hee hee hee..........

5. crgtr

crgtr Supporting Member

That's very kind of you to go out of your way & get rid of this cheap POS for me!!

6. Jiffy_Jeff

Jiffy_Jeff Playin Tunes and Having Fun! Silver Supporting Member

I try my best. Enjoy!!

7. GuitarKidd

GuitarKidd Member

You know, I have never been a big fan of blues or greens or reds, but that my friend is a beautiful guitar. Green with envy I am.

8. crgtr

crgtr Supporting Member

Thanks. It's really blue. In the last shots I posted, there was a yellow work light on it. Made it look really green. Not a bad color, but it looks much more blue in person.

9. GuitarKidd

GuitarKidd Member

Still Gorgeous... Very nice. I love the painted front and clear back looks on guitar as well.

10. Ouchz

Ouchz Member

Congrats!!! And aren't you the guy who just got an Eriza Verde "Stripper"?! You've been fuelling my PRS induce GAS to considerably dangerous levels!!! *Gosh, I think I might really cave in and grab myself a DGT/Stripper/Tremonti*

Luckily the Siggy is slightly above my budget...

11. RSRD

RSRD Member

Friggin amazing! Congrats on the fiddle.

12. Nada

Nada Member

that's sweet~ congratulations! does anyone know - are those style of pickup rings only for this model, or will we see them on more PRS models going forward?

13. bluesmann8

bluesmann8 Senior Member

it just yells! quality. beautiful guitars in every detail, WTG man! enjoy!

14. crgtr

crgtr Supporting Member

Yup! That's me! I still love my Stripper! Riza is amazing, but this Siggy is pretty amazing too!

15. crgtr

crgtr Supporting Member

As far as I know those rings are only for the 408's. They are a different size than normal buckers. The neck is smaller & the bridge is bigger.

16. Custom50

Custom50 Member

damn that is nice

17. KazJY

KazJY Member

Awesome! Congrats on the new axe.... s...... :)

Rock on.