Ngd! Prs Paul’s Guitar Se

tonedover

Silver Supporting Member
full size buckers in a “pauls guitar”? they were the narrowfields the past couple years right?

great unique color, special order or whats the scoop with this edition

andy474x

Very interested to try one in person. The official PRS demo sounded kind of bright, maybe too much so. But I do love the classic PRS shape with a stoptail and mahogany neck, 22 frets, toggle switch, which is pretty hard to find these days.

Figaro

Supporting Member
It does have a little brighter sound with more clarity and I really like that. The humbuckers sound like the very early humbuckers and also P90’s. Also, when you switch to single coil there’s not as much of a drop in volume like a coil split. My favorite sound is the combination of the bridge pickup as a humbucker and the neck pickup as a single coil.

Last edited:

caribefatboy

Very interested to try one in person. The official PRS demo sounded kind of bright, maybe too much so. But I do love the classic PRS shape with a stoptail and mahogany neck, 22 frets, toggle switch, which is pretty hard to find these days.
I just got one earlier this week, and it is bright, borderline harsh, if you don’t dial it in with your guitar/amp/pedal controls. All in all, it is one hell of a guitar, with many very musical tones. It is made up of 8 pieces of wood and a bunch of glue, which is then encased in polyester resin, so it’s not exactly the ideal, but for 1/5 the price of a USA Paul’s, I’ll work with it, especially after lightly sanding the back of the neck !!!

andy474x

I just got one earlier this week, and it is bright, borderline harsh, if you don’t dial it in with your guitar/amp/pedal controls. All in all, it is one hell of a guitar, with many very musical tones. It is made up of 8 pieces of wood and a bunch of glue, which is then encased in polyester resin, so it’s not exactly the ideal, but for 1/5 the price of a USA Paul’s, I’ll work with it, especially after lightly sanding the back of the neck !!!
I got to try a couple in the shop, and I was very, very impressed. Surprising (amazing) amount of resonance, more by far than I’ve ever heard from a sold body import guitar. It’s right up there with the all hog S2’s, which is high praise in my book. I would like to try one with my Custom 50.

C-4

Beautiful guitar, and I like the color you chose!
I hope you really enjoy it. :)

Trending Topics