NGD PRS S2 Singlecut Bluecrab Smokeburst

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by bhendric1, Mar 13, 2015.

1. bhendric1

bhendric1 Member

Picked this up like new on Ebay. Flawless guitar. Beautiful top, the pics don't do it justice. I know it's not a core model, but it's a significant upgrade in feel and quality from my PRS ZM SE (which is also amazing).[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

grausch likes this.
  2. bhendric1

bhendric1 Member

3. bhendric1

bhendric1 Member

4. IndyMead

IndyMead Member

Gorgeous. I'm in the market for one of these myself.

5. JohnK24

JohnK24 Supporting Member

Nice score. Looking for more comments on how it's better than the Myers SE.

6. bhendric1

bhendric1 Member

As far as the sound, I would say they are pretty equal, just a little difference due to the semi-hollowness of the Zach Myers. The biggest difference for me is the neck. Although technically they aren't much different - the S2 is listed as a Pattern Regular and the SE is listed as a Wide Fat - the S2 just feels smoother and a little easier to play to me. The locking tuners are a nice touch on the S2 and the finish is a little fancier than the Zach Myers. Aside from that, it is my understanding that they are both made with Korean electronics, although the S2 is assembled in Maryland. Maybe it's just the newness of the S2 that has me loving it more at the moment, but there's just something about that neck that seems to draw me in, and overall it just feels a little more solid in my hands. Don't get me wrong, I still love the ZM and would never part with it.

7. retroLS1

retroLS1 Supporting Member

Nice guitar. I really like the blue crab smokeburst on the PRS S2 models. I came very close to picking up an S2 custom 24 in that color but I couldn't let go of the Strat I was playing at the time. Would still like to pick one up though.

8. scott944

scott944 Member

Well played, sir.