Ngd prs se245 ltd

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by komit, Feb 25, 2012.

1. komit

komit Member

Finally I got it. It's amazing beauty. Pickups are really good. I am in love!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. saf_1

saf_1 Member

Beautiful instrument. Sometimes I wonder - aside from the quality of the components (p'ups, tuners, other hardware), just how much REAL difference there is between a guitar like this one, and an American SC245. What's the difference between the regular SE 245, and the Ltd., btw?

3. komit

komit Member

The Limited edition offers more colours. Otherwise there is no difference. I can't remember the names but adds a bit more diversity. Normally costs a bit more. But it is worth it for the finish is stunning.

4. MichaelSaulnier

MichaelSaulnier Member

I am a big fan of the SE line...

But I'm also a fan of the american guitars.

There is a difference. Better pickups and electronics, solid tops, (not veneers like the SE line uses), and much more diversity in models and designs.

Don't get me wrong, I have 4 SE's and I play them regularly... but put the OP's singlecut next to my SC245... and play them for a few minutes... the difference is fairly obvious to me.

Is the difference worth 3 to 4 times the price or more?

I think that's up to each buyer.

:D

M

5. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Silver Supporting Member

I've been thinking a out getting one of these. Is there an exclusive dealer?

6. Nada

Nada Member

congratulations~ that's a classy looking guitar!

7. technomancer

technomancer Member

Wow that looks fantastic, cogratulations

8. detroiter711

detroiter711 Member

PRS has really hit it out of the park with the SE line. Are they parallel in quality to the USA built line, of course not, but that is not the point. I will say that the Korean product they are putting out comes close if not equal to the build quality on many entry level American/Canadian factory built guitars. Also, value for the dollar on these is hard to beat and I do not think that there is a better guitar out there in the $600 range. I have five USA built PRSi and my next purchase will most likely be the SE Semi Hollow or SE Santana.

9. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Member

Has anyone compared the SE 245 to the SE Santana? I'm curious how they match up tonally. I think they have the same pickups.

10. detroiter711

detroiter711 Member

Good question. I am interested in how the responses will be on this as well. I have not played them both extensively, but I seemed to be more comfortable with the neck joint on the Santana. Very similar to the Custom 22/CE 22 neck joint.

11. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Member

BTW, I forgot my manners...that SE 245 is GORGEOUS.

12. sondich

sondich Member

The guitar looks great. I'm seeing SE's everywhere and the consensus is that the value is incredible. Can't help but wonder if PRS may someday regret not setting the SE pricepoints higher. The TGP forums have a ton of comments like this one below.

The goal of creating a lower end line is to nab new customers that have been priced out of your high end lines. The last thing any manufacturer wants is potential buyers of its $4000 guitar choosing the $500 import model instead.

13. ajeffcote

ajeffcote Member

I don't think they have anything to worry about in that respect. The SEs are absolutely fantastic values, and probably most guitarists would be happy with playing one if the old ego didn't come into play. But a LOT of people who play guitars buy the higher priced guitars because they can, or their buddies have them, or the thought that they need an expensive guitar to sound good and be a better player. I look at it the other way around, that I need to get REALLY good to justify paying $4000 for a guitar that cost maybe $500 to build.
    No, I don't think the SE line will hurt the sale of the American line. Prestige is the main reason. Why drive a Kia if you can drive a BMW?
    And I think your guitar looks great!

14. Eli-Kauai

Eli-Kauai Member

I have had several SEs and now a a few US models. The diffences are in the wood quality, electronics, finish and overall level of attention to detail. The SE models literally play just as good and with right electronics swaps can almost sound just as good too. I just the differences are more seen and felt rather than heard.

15. byrdparis

byrdparis Member

Congat! This is an awesome finish on her. enjoy!

16. gatheredenergy

gatheredenergy Member

Oh la la! That is one sexy beast of a gitfiddle. Good buy! Love the SE line. Nobody at that price point can compete.