NGD PRS Special Semi Hollow

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Jim Miller, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Jim Miller

Jim Miller Gold Supporting Member

I have been watching these since PRS announced them. This one from Musician's Friend seemed to check all of the blocks I had been looking for. I liked the tones in the demo video by Bryan Ewald on the PRS site and I find the 58/15 LT's in my P245 semi-hollow to be some of the best pickups that I have played. The guitar arrived yesterday and I was a bit surprised by how thin the overall body is, however, as a result the guitar is only a tad over 6 pounds. I imagined that the guitar would be closer in width to my P245, but in actuality it is closer in width the the 513 that I own. I have only played the guitar for about an hour and I have 10 days to make up my mind since it is part of Musician's Friend wood library private reserve, but I think that the guitar is staying right here with me. The guitar is incredibly resonant and I have enjoyed playing it unplugged. The switching system gives a wide variety of tones and so far I have been enjoying either of the Humbucker with the Narrowfield positions. I know that I have posted before, but the last item for me will be asking my daughter to name it for me, she has been doing this since she was a little girl... she is now almost 24 and just bought her first condo. She will be moving out after the closing in July, so life is going to be bit different as her mom and I adjust to finally being empty nesters. It is great to see her move firmly into adulthood, but I will miss having her hum along while I play. She really enjoyed my trying this one out to Death Cab's "The Ice was Getting Thinner".

shando98, helrazr84, gerg6 and 16 others like this.
  2. orourke

orourke Member

Congrats! I’d love to have one of those.

My #1 is a PRS Studio (which are discontinued) it has a similar three humbucker arrangement with 2 narrowfields (great versatile pickups).

It must be great having all that with a semi-hollow. Play it in good health.

3. jmontgomery

jmontgomery Supporting Member

Very nice! That neck!

Mtt02263 likes this.
  4. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

Very nice...congrats!

5. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Member

Most excellent! May it give you-and your sufferin' other who has to listen to you-many years of joy!

Just kidding about the sufferin' other but it reflects my own situation...I get many requests but I continue playing.

6. SupremeDalek

SupremeDalek Member

I ordered one during the preorder phase. Still waiting! These things have an amazing sound. Enjoy it!

7. PaisleyWookie

PaisleyWookie Member

8. derekd

derekd Member

Beautiful guitar, congrats!

9. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Member

10. iliketheguitar

iliketheguitar Supporting Member

Gorgeous, a PRD Custom with an f-hole just might be the most beautiful shape. Congratulations.

11. helrazr84

helrazr84 Member

Beautiful guitar!!!

I also have the Se Studio one which is kind of similar. Would love to have one like yours!

Great color, too. Always liked that shade of green on a PRS.