NGD: Purple Quilt RG goodness

james...

Silver Supporting Member
I gave up on my shred days after high school. Been playing slightly more traditional guitars... Gretsch, Gibson, G&L, and some modest Carvins.

I really missed my old purple RG770 I sold years ago. Started looking on ebay and found this for very cheap. Took the dive.

I must say...I've heard these non-prestige Ibanez Premiums have gotten some bad reviews from Japanese guitar fans. I used to own a lot of Prestiges when I was slightly younger. This thing is RIGHT up there with them.

It has planet waves locking tuners installed. Nice surprise. Needed a setup very badly. The bridge was at an awful angle. The guitar is in immaculate shape, though.

The pickups are a little too high in output for me. Going to go the overwound PAF route I think.

NOW TO THE PICSSSS

LJD

Awesome. Looks like the fires of some hell were captured and set in the top. Go raise some demons with that thing!

big_aug

I had one of these in purple as well. Ive had three of the Ibanez Premiums. They were all killer guitars. I had zero issues with any of them. You can get them super cheap used too.

Nice man.

Trending Topics