NGD: Rickenbacker 330/12 Mapleglo!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by SGNick, May 1, 2014.

1. SGNick

SGNick Member

Words can't express how excited I am! I'm shaking a little bit and I put it down 10 minutes ago, haha! Surely pictures will follow, but I really wanted you guys to hear what it sounded like, so enjoy a little sound byte!

PS: I think the rumours of how difficult they are to play have been exaggerated a little bit!

I can't get the embedding to work... but you can see/hear a soundbyte at this link!

http://youtu.be/t4SWiSGMpYI

2. John Lavelle

John Lavelle Member

That is SWEET!! Congratulations! And your playing does that sweet axe justice!! HNGD!

3. raja

raja Member

:D
    you...my friend look happy
    and I understand...the Rickenbacker
    sounds sweet
    can I borrow it?

just kidding
    enjoy in good health

4. Frankee

Frankee Wartime Consigliere

Welcome to the club.

5. Fab4ever

Fab4ever Member

Awesome! And nice playing, too. I just yesterday put a big down payment on my first Rick - a new 330 6-string in a beautiful dark fireglow. I am a little shaky myself... I've wanted one for something like 35 years!

6. VaughnC

VaughnC Supporting Member

I have the same Ric 12 and it never fails to cause goosebumps within seconds of the first few notes.

Get yourself a set of toaster pickups and/or a Janglebox pedal for even more thrills!

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  7. rowdyyates

rowdyyates Supporting Member

My bandmate got a 360/12 a few months ago. We've been doing Byrds, Petty, etc. "into the Great Wide Open" sounds HUGE on it. Love it!

8. Tadams

Tadams Silver Supporting Member

Nice guitar, they really soung great

9. tarfungo

tarfungo Member

I've been playing RIC's since I was 16 when I got my first 12 string. I've never felt it was a problem playing a RIC 12 despite being 6'3" with large ape hands. Sure, my playing style might be a little altered to make all of the chords, but playing a 12 isn't playing a 6 sting no matter what guitar use choose.

My friends all grumble about how 'unplayable' my RIC is, but no other 12 string they have managed to bring to table has ever gotten that sound. They all admit that if you want that sound, you play a RIC.

If I want to make holes in wood, I'll probably use a drill. If I want to up my chances of beating you in a car race, I won't be bringing my Honda to the race. I'll bring my 600Hp sports car. If I want jingle, jangle 12 string sounds, I use a RIC. Like so many other things in life, guitars are just 'tools'. Always best to use the right tool for the job.

10. Jess 1971

Jess 1971 Supporting Member

Nice! Congratulations. I bought a Ric 330 six-string yesterday too, hopefully arriving tomorrow. I had one about 20 years ago but wound up selling it, so I'm excited to get one back. Found a nice deal on a good condition used one only a few years old.

Was tempted to buy a new one from Dave's in Wisconsin, as they're selling them for only $1,399 new, but all they had was fireglo and I wanted jetglo.

Anyway, enjoy your new 12-string!

11. RICFREAK

RICFREAK Member

Congrats !!!
    Very nice playing and tone on that video.:love:
    I'm sure that smile will last for a long time to come.:D

12. SGNick

SGNick Member

Turns out a lot of what I was told about these isn't terribly true, I for one LOVE the overdriven sound it produces! The first chords are a bit off, but that's me squeezing the neck a little... oops!
    The smile is permanent I think!

Another clip, this time with overdrive!

13. Gearaddict

Gearaddict Member

Congrads! NOTHING comes close to sounding like a RIC. Nuf said!

14. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Supporting Member

I have a 370/12 & feel the same. I don't use it often, but it sounds like nothing else. Enjoy!

Tony