NGD!!! RocknRoll Relic Thunder "Black Flag"

02Singlecut

What can I say......I was impressed with them @ NAMM 15 and I was patient and scored this one from Wes @ Rebel-Guitars! It's a used piece, but not even a fret divot! Very resonate and loud unplugged with a 60's neck carve and great fretwork. Overall I think this will see alot of stage time here in Bama this spring and summer! It's got that same feel as a vintage Gibby without all the quirks! I'm really curious about these David Allen pups ! Glad I pulled the trigger on this one!! Marc....I finally got one!!!! lol

Last edited:

katuna

Gold Supporting Member
The white neck looks cool. I love dbl cut Specials and Juniors. Enjoy!

c94123

That is really nice. Love it. Was looking really hard at the Gilby tele. Maybe some day.

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
For a correct Thunders relic job, you have to shove the guitar neck into a suspended acoustic tile ceiling like at the Star Bar in Ann Arbor and then yank down some of the ceiling.

Paint job suggests a Gang War co-conspirator.

02Singlecut

The good : I used it last night for a set and it sounded really good! I'm overall really impressed with RnR Relics. Their fit and finish is really amazing. It felt and sounded like an old vintage slab of hotrodded mahogany!

The bad/sad : I sold it last night :-( ! As good as it sounded our other guitarist/keyboardist/vocalist went home with it. She's a gear junkie just like all of us here and IMHO the guitar was meant for her. She's the true definintion of an American success. She was born on the 4th of July in Vietnam. She suffered Polio at age 3 and moved to the states after the war. Her father re-enisted for a second tour to marry her mom and bring both back to the states. Grew up and worked hard and never let her disability get in her way. She's a rocket scientist, business owner and wife of the next (I hope)State of Alabama Governor. It just was meant to be!!!

Trending Topics